Running 2 12" L7

KickerL712
Unregistered guest
Ok i will be running 2 12" L7 2 ohm dvc 750 rms max 1500watts. i had a question about which amp to power them so they will hit pretty hard and also i was wondering that if i got a class d 1 channel amp could i hook both of the subs up to that i channel and how?? Thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Riebread77

Post Number: 111
I have a Rockford Fosgate Power 1501bd for sale. I used it to power two 12" Kicker L7's and it slammed. I used it for only 3 months, then I sold my car and has been sitting around for awhile. its rated at 1650+ watts @ 2 ohms. Since your subs are 2 ohm DVC, it can be wired to 2 ohms. I bought the amp for $575. It can be yours for $325 shipped (US). Email me at riebread77@aol.com if your interested because I'm selling it on ebay soon.

Here is how to wire it in a combination of series/parallel:

http://www.jlaudio.com/tutorials/wiring/index.html#2dvcsp

Silver Member
Username: Iowahawks19

Post Number: 118
yes you could hook 2 subs to one amp, infact i recommend it, more room, easier install. as for amps that one ryan is selling is a pretty good deal.

Silver Member
Username: Shadylimitedx

Pgh, Pa Usa

Post Number: 264
hey ryan s00o how do they l7s sound an was it ported

Silver Member

Post Number: 129
it sounded good...I had them each in a small sealed box because I had a Firebird hatchback and I wanted to keep a space for the t-tops...the amp will provide enough wattage to def get some db's especially if you go ported. L7's aren't the best SQ driver out there obviously, but they def move a lot of air and still sound decent at the same time.

Silver Member
Username: Shadylimitedx

Pgh, Pa Usa

Post Number: 269
ya same my mom got a firbird an it will b in a ported

Silver Member

Post Number: 134
u got 2 kicker L7's for your mom??? good sh!t
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts