Bronze Member
Username: Dtribe

Post Number: 32
Is this a good amp? Xant 1001
Is this a good Price for it? $629

Bronze Member

Post Number: 33
I have 4 cvr 10s what would be the better amp for the 4ohm 10s Xtant 1001 or JL 1000/1 I know Jl is more for clarity but i know nothing of Xtant I want to get the most bass and clarity i can out of the tens

Bronze Member

Post Number: 34
XTANT X1001
Number of Channels: 1 - Mono
RMS Power (4 ohms): 500 watts x 1 chan.
RMS Power (2 ohms): 1000 watts x 1 chan.
RMS Power (1 ohm): 1000 watts x 1 chan.
Peak Power 2000 watts
MIN IMPEDANCE: 1 ohm
No Speaker (LOW) Level Inputs
Amp Preamp Outputs: Yes - 1 Pair
Built-in Crossover: HP, LP - 12 Step (50 Hz- 5 kHz)
Bass Boost: No
Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 90 dB
Fan Cooled
Fuse Rating: 120 A

JL 1000/1
Rated Power:
1000 W RMS @ 1.5 ohm-4 ohm
(11V-14.5V)
THD at Rated Power:
<0.05% @ 4 ohm
S/N Ratio*:
>95dB below rated power
Frequency Response:
5 Hz-500 Hz (+0, -1dB)
Damping Factor:
>500 @ 4 ohm/50 Hz
Input Range:
switchable from 200mV-2V RMS
to 800mV-8V RMS
Dimensions:
19.7"L x 9.25"W x 2.36"H
(500 mm x 235 mm x 60 mm

The JL has a Bass Boost and i want a @ssload of bass but i dont know if the xtant needs one or not

Anonymous

xtant blows get an rf amp

Bronze Member

Post Number: 37
What RF amp will put out 1000watts at 2 OHMS

money mike
Unregistered guest
Im running 2 sony xplod 12" subs powered by an infinity REF7541A every time i go to blast my stereo the subs kick off and the protect light goes on on the amp what is wrong ???

Bronze Member
Username: Riebread77

Post Number: 86
yea that xtant is no good...money mike...start a thread haha ur in the wrong forum lol

RF t20001bd is nice...just under 700 on ebay.

Silver Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 336
What the fuck are you guys saying? You guys are all a bunch of newbs that don't know what they are talking about, not you Aymond. Ok just to fill you in with the truth, Xtant makes some of the best amps out there. Aymond, don't listen to anonymus people that give stupid advice. DO NOT BUY A ROCKFORD AMP over an Xtant. That would just be ridiculously stupid. RF stuff from like 99-2004 all blow. They make cheap Best Buy, high school drop out junk. All over rated and terrible build quality, for how much they want you to fork over for it. Get the Xtant X1001, very good amp. It is underrated and has exceptional SQ. Honestly, RF??? OMG.....

Bronze Member

Post Number: 94
No bass boost...12 db/oct crossover...isaac w., you could find a better amp for over $600. Xtant makes great amps, but you could def find one better for the money. Isaac, you think you know everything, not the first time your calling people out (when you yourself were not 100% correct or misunderstood the ?)...rf punch is not that great...rf power kicks a$$...you probably never even heard a rockford power before...you call everyone here newbs? think again son...i've been doing car audio for years.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 95
You have an Xtant sub/amp system so of course your going to be siding with them and get defensive. They are good amps, but not worth the high $ in my opinion.

Silver Member

MN

Post Number: 337
Oh, I am sorry I questioned your superior knowledge, ryan. Rockford power, wow, never heard of that before.... I gaurantee that if you ask any of the gold members in here they will tell you to buy a xtant over rf anyday. But that's just goldmembers, your probably smarter than them since you have been in car audio for years. I dont think I know everything, I just am correcting a stupid answer when I see one. You tell a guy with 2 DVC 4-ohm subs that he can't hook his subs up to a bridged 2 channel amp? And your telling him to get a 4-channel and and bridge it? Sounds like you have been doing car audio for years.... I have only been into car audio since this year. I mean sure, you have a nice system in your car, I would too if I wasn't only 17 and still going to school and making poor money. But honestly did you install all of that yourself? I really doubt it. You would probably tell someone to buy a rf power amp over a zapco....

Aymond, here is a good reference. It will let you know what is good.
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/133838.html

King Kava
Unregistered guest
The old skool rockford stuff was really good, with underrated power amps. The new stuff isn't great, but is still ok for most people, most people aren't audiophiles!!

Silver Member

MN

Post Number: 339
Yeah, don't get me wrong, I have some older RF subs and they work great. They have used and abused for years and they are still going strong.

Silver Member

MN

Post Number: 340
Aymond, you can get a X1001 for much cheaper if you are comforatable using ebay. Check this out:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=64573%26item%3D5783885670 %26

See much cheaper, and it is "new".

Bronze Member

Post Number: 98
see there u go again...obviously u don't know how to read because I recommended a 2 channel not bridged or a 4 channel bridged but the amp would have to be 1 ohm stable when not bridged in order to see a 2 ohm load with his subs...learn how to read isaac before you step up and criticize someones answer.

Silver Member

MN

Post Number: 341
Your telling me to learn how to read? How about you learn how to write! Your explanation still doesn't make sense whatsoever. Ok if he has 2 DVC 4-ohm subs, there is absolutely no reason to buy a 4 channel amp, ever. And what is this 1 ohm crap? The only way he would need a 1 ohm stable amp is if he wanted to go to a mono amp. And if he had a 2 channel amp, you shouldn't wire each sub to it's own channel, its not the best way to do it, period. He should wire his subs to a 4-ohm load and bridge the amp. And no it doesn't need to be 1 ohm stable. Your explinantion made no sense and was bad advice, just admit it.

Silver Member

Post Number: 103
Wow. He wanted a 2 ohm load. Quick lesson...when u have a multichannel amp, it is usually stable at 2 ohms. When you bridge it, it is stable at 4 ohms. Therefore if you want to bridge it to 2 ohms, it has to be 1 ohm stable when no bridged and they do make those. Secondly, I gave him his options because he asked what ways he could see a 2 ohm load.

My "explinantion" was fine. Case closed.

Silver Member

MN

Post Number: 343
No dude, he wasn't asking for all his "2-ohm options" he was just wondering if he could wire 2 DVC 4-ohm subs to a single 2 ohm load. And why the hell would he want a muiltichannel amp that is 1 ohm stable? They are not cheap. That is about the stupidest option he could ever take. So take this lesson, SON, know what you are talking about before you give advice in the future. We're done here.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 38
Yea but Xtant over JL? cause i can get them for around the same price
I know from first hand JL are overpriced but aren still real good amps when u get into there slash series
I know nothing of the Xant Like a said it doesnt have a bass boost

Silver Member

Post Number: 107
Go with JL. switchable input sensitivity and adjustable crossover (not just frequency, but db/oct too)...overall, better for long term and fit more applications.

Silver Member

MN

Post Number: 347
Bass boost isn't as important as you might think. If you set your gain and HU properly, you can make your subs get as loud as possible without giving it distorted power. Bass boost just makes your amp go into clipping faster. Lots of people abuse bass boost settings on their amps, because it "sounds louder". It is, but in reality you could be hurting your subs.

BTW, where can you get a new JL 1000/1 for $450? Both are very good options, and I wouldn't really say that one is better than the other. But I am quite certain that you can get the Xtant for cheaper.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 39
Xtant over jl Cause th e ont issac reconmended is 450 but is pay pal only and i dont have pay pal so i have to go with th 600 whish is the same as the jl

Bronze Member
Username: Winn

Santa Ana, California US

Post Number: 24
Isaac W. is right, you don't need Bass boost or db/oct, etc on any amp, period. You can control it from your HU, EQ or Xover point. (More build-in electronic components on the amp .. More problem)

Xtant over JL/slash ??? Both of Amp are good, but JL amp was designed favor for their JL Sub. If you run JL sub ... recommend is JL amp.

Silver Member

MN

Post Number: 348
If paypal is the only thing that is stopping you that is a easy problem to fix, it only takes a couple minutes to sign up and you need a credit card, I think. You might be able to sign up without a credit card now, because they give you the option to pay directly from your bank account now. When I signed up like 3 or so years ago, credit was the only option. So now that you know your options, it is all up to you now. Good luck with your system Aymond.

Silver Member
Username: Monkey_man

Post Number: 194
You are willing to pay 200 bucks extra so you don't have to set up a paypal account? It only took me like 10 min. and i only needed my debit card to set it up through my bank account.

Silver Member

Post Number: 110
paypal is a savior...I do alot of buying and selling on ebay and it makes things run smooth...I can't imagine receiving money orders and personal checks in mass quantities every day. It would be a pain.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 40
oh thanks My sisters told me it would take like 2 weeks to get everything confirmed so i am gonna go with the Etant I will post a pic of evrthing when i finish getting it togeather

Silver Member

MN

Post Number: 353
Tight, good luck with that. i hope you post a pic, its cool when people share their systems. Peace.

Silver Member
Username: Langless28

Post Number: 263
xtant is the way to go. i got the a6001 and i love it

Silver Member

MN

Post Number: 355
LOL, that's right bass, we both got ours at like the exact same time, remember? I love mine too!

Silver Member
Username: Langless28

Post Number: 264
hell yeah i only need to turn my hu to vol 13 now for my "normal listening. with my old amp it was at 21
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us