Sq box for two 12'l7's

Username: Cballin

Post Number: 3
can anyone help me with this????

Silver Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 261
the L7 has the worst sq of any sub ever made so why do you want to make a sq box when there never gonna sound good

Silver Member
Username: Riebread77

Post Number: 118
i wouldn't go that far dustin lol the L7 is definately not an SQ woofer but can def achieve good SQ with the right SQ application

Silver Member

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 262
well i have yet to hear a L7 that sounded good, at least when compared to my atlas's

Silver Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 352
Good call dustin. I don't think there really is a way to get a L7 to have good sound quality. I am not sure what you mean by a SQ box, clearence, but the best SQ you can get is from a sealed box. Even if you hooked up a L7 with a great amp and put it in a nice, thick sealed box, it would probably still sound like crap, there isn't any way around it.

Silver Member

Post Number: 119
I had 2 kicker L7's...small sealed box keeps it under control...external crossover and rockford amp...sounded clearer than a friend's jlw7...just not as loud. You could also put dampener on the inside of the box to prevent frequency resonance from bouncing back into the woofer...i think you guys would be surprised...most people just put L7's in large ported boxes and just make them loud and that's where they have gotten a rep, but with the right application...you can make it sound good too.

Silver Member

Post Number: 120
the jl w7 was in an HO wedge

Silver Member
Username: Redrange

Mo Hill, California

Post Number: 185
ryan seems like (dont take offense) but u always have the opposite opinion of most people no matter what the case...i dont mean any offense just something i noticed..i dont know if u have beef or nething w isaac or wut

Bronze Member
Username: Mrcoddy

Taber, Alberta Canada

Post Number: 30
the W7 musta been defective or sumtin becase the L7 should not get anywhere near to touching its capabilities. I have heard both and there isnt even competition between the two, W7 kills all basicly (to bad its extreamly expensive)

Silver Member

MN

Post Number: 356
Yeah, I don think that there is any possible way L7s could sound better than a W7.

Silver Member

Post Number: 125
Just giving my input. Maybe the W7 was defective. I heard what I heard, and I'm letting you people know. and na, there's no beef, right Isaac w? haha we just seem to post in the same threads all the time.

Silver Member

MN

Post Number: 360
We aight now.

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 3119
just so yuo guys know I personally met a guy who won sound quality comps with a kicker 12 L7 running all alpine amps.....it can be done

Gold Member

Post Number: 3120
he had focal speakers for the sound stage

Gold Member

Post Number: 3121
and yes he was made fun of for using a kicker 12 l 7 for sq but hey he won comps didnt he?

Silver Member

MN

Post Number: 362
Who was he going up against, guys with Sony and Volfenhag powered by pyle and boss amps? LOL, JK! I believe you.

Azzhole
Unregistered guest
i knew it was possible too. but most people just say what other peple say they havent personally senn one in a good setup you just need the right stuff and you nedd to know what your doing.

like i said everybody says what other people say like before in this forum there was no posts about adire shiva someone brought them up and all of a sudden the forum started being full of adire posts. same thing with the re and the avalanche ect... a pro brings up a subwoofer that' he heard and liked all of a sudden everybody is reccomending it to others.
just buy what you want everybody has different hearing to what sounds good and what sounds bad dont let nobody buy your sytem choose what you want.
This is like telling somebody which ones better a corvette or porshe and if alot of people vote for the corvette that means your gonna buy it someone else chose your car instead of you WTF?
sorry if this didnt make any sense im kind of out of it

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2944
Yes, L7's have pretty bad sound quality, but that doesn't meen if you want your music to sound good you might as well scrap the sub. You can make one sound very decent, but everything needs to be done right; perfect enclosure, a good quality amp, good quality head unit with higher preout voltage ratings. I would personally never run one if I had a choice, but like I said with some work it should sound fine. With the proper enclosure and amp, you can make almost anything sound "decent".

Silver Member

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 264
look at it this way if you buy an L7 you will have to put a lot more money into your install {box, amp, ect.} to make sound good, than if you bought a sub that has some sq without a great box and amp.

Silver Member

Post Number: 137
not really because kicker is very affordable...to get a better SQ sub with decent output...you can get 2 or even 3 kicker L7's...people underrate them in my opinion.

Silver Member

Post Number: 138
it is all proportional

Silver Member

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 266
ya, but i'd would rather have some aa atlas's, or kicker cvr's, alpine type r's, or somthing along that line that will get loud if i want it to but also have some sq so it doesn't sound like complete crap, and how do ppl underrate the L7?

Silver Member

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 267
ohh and sean how can you have a sound quality comp i thought sq was up to how certain ppl like how bass sounds, like every1 likes the alpine type r's sq but personally i hate it.

Silver Member

Post Number: 144
dustin rampaging and on the attack lol well comps are judged and judged by the same ears...its a little different when different people hear things. we just talked about how L7's are underrated in this whole thread. Everyone says that they are the absolute worst for sq when its simply not true...with the right application, it can sound good...proven by sean's experiences and mine as well.

Silver Member

MN

Post Number: 364
dustin, in your post didn't you say that you would rather have a Type R, but in the very next post you say you hate the SQ of the Type R? Maybe I'm crazy, but I think you contradicted yourself pretty bad there.

Silver Member

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 269
LOL im just saying that i have heared a L7 in a sealed box with a kicker amp and yes it got pretty loud, but it sounded awful trying to re-produce bass in that it was very slow respone and very sloppy sounding so for the price i would rather go with somthing different.

Silver Member

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 270
ya well i hate the way the type r's sound but i hate the L7's sound more but personally i would not own either one of them.

Silver Member
Username: Shadylimitedx

Pgh, Pa Usa

Post Number: 271
how would a l7 kicker in a ported box tuned 2 28hz or 30hz with a hifonics 1500wat amp sound dont care bout the sq

Silver Member

Post Number: 160
simply stated???? LOUD...just make sure you have alot of space for volume in that box...and you'll be set.

Silver Member
Username: Shadylimitedx

Pgh, Pa Usa

Post Number: 275
like 3 or more cubit ft is that go0d
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us