Is it possible...

Silver Member
Username: Iufan4lifeul

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 171
I was just thinking how good this would sound. (This is just a thought, probably brought up before, don't flame please). We all like the mix of SPL and SQ. If we could we would have 1 subwoofer do both almost flawlessly, well, this is reality and so far no subwoofer can do it YET. What would happen if you put 2 10" JL audio subs with HPF and LPF set at a range between, oh, 70Hz and 125Hz. Then take 2 12" Eclipse Aluminum or Titanium and have their range be say, 40-90Hz. And finally, take 1 Kicker solo X and tune it 50Hz down. You would have the clarity of the JL's at higher frequencies, the mix with the Eclipse's and the rumble and punch of the Kicker. Is something like this logical? I am sure there are many faults...

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2324
Lol, I don't think it would work like that... I'd think they would all mix to geather. It sure would be loud though!

Silver Member
Username: Iufan4lifeul

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 173
I got an even better idea!!! For those car audio/car fanatics why don't you just buy a Ford Excursion rip out the back, and put a jet engine in it. Therefore, you get the low rumble, the ear piercing sound, AND your car would "fly" LOL. ahhh, too much time on my hands :/

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2332
Lol... that be cool though.:-) hahaha

Silver Member
Username: Geekbike

Post Number: 234
The room needed to do this would be insane, the amount of power needed would be huge and the tuning required would intense. It wouldn't really be practical for a car. Would sound great though if everything was set-up properly.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us