Distribution fuse block, question?

Username: Pluto

Post Number: 2
I know this may sound simple to most, anyway here it goes. Both my amps require 4 gauge power cable and ground. Can I run a 4 gauge power wire from my battery and part it into two 4 gauge at the distribution block one for each amp? Or do I have to run a 0 gauge from the battery to the distribution block then divide it into two 4 gauge. It sound simple but it is eating me up, since I have never installed a system with amps just a HU and speakers.

KMARTXR
Unregistered guest
you can do both

Bronze Member
Username: Scubasteve

Annapolis, MD

Post Number: 43
how many watts does each amp produce and what size fuses will you be using?

Post Number: 3
Hello Scuba, I have a Phoenix Gold R8.0:4 w/ 100W RMS per channel 4 channel, and a Lightning Audio B.250.1 150W RMS mono. When you ask about fuse size do you mean on the distribution block? If so I'm truly unsure, may be you can help me choose the correct size. I buy whatever size needed. Thank you for your response.

Silver Member
Username: Mike_anthes

Canton, SD USA

Post Number: 107
with those small power ratings im surprised that 4 guage is what they require...i was thinkin more like 8 guage...

Bronze Member
Username: Redrazor

Fort Walton Beach, Fl

Post Number: 12
Ed C while you can run your amps' ground from the neg battery terminal it would be much more Ideal to ground them to somewhere close to the amps themselves.

Post Number: 4
Hello Michael and Redrazor, I checked a few other fellows who are selling the same amps at ebay (even etronic.com)and they claim that these amps can use 8 gauge. It looks like the fellow I had seen earlier was exaggerating a bit. Thanks to you guys advise I did my homework a bit better and I believe I have the right conbination. I also got a 1 farad audio pipe capacitor, does anyone think this is necesary. I will istall it anyway, but I was wondering if I over did it, buying a capacitor considering I don't have a huge system. I have a 1997 Mitsubishi Galant. But I purchased it based on my pass experience. I had a 2002 Nissan sentra and my system in that car was about half the Rms and the cabin light flickered at night when the system was working loud. This present vehicle might have a bigger alternator, don't know for sure. Does anyone have an opinion? Since I'm new at this AMP install stuff, can anyone tell me what size fuse would be best for this setup (for the distribution fuse block)? Should it have to be the same size as the one the amps use? I will now use 4 gauge power cable from the battery and from the fuse block 8 gauge to the two amps. Once more thank you to those who have help me, it's been great.

Bronze Member

Fort Walton Beach, Fl

Post Number: 16
Read this...

www.bcae1.com

If you can even get past page 50, heck make that page 17 even, and understand it all you will know more than the majority of people that post on these forums (talking about the newbies here). If your car lights dim significantly throught the duration of your music a capacitor won't do much in the end. It's pretty much all about the alternator and the battery to a lesser extent. Don't know what amperage alternator you have? just look it up on a auto parts website like orilleys or something like that under electrical or engine electrical they will usually only have basic, rebuilt, alts listed for your vehicle that should give you a very good idea as to what you have.

Bronze Member

Fort Walton Beach, Fl

Post Number: 17
I think car audio can be alot fun... It's already fun to me and I've barely done anything... but it's also an area where I think it's much better to know what you need to do to lay the groundwork for your system than it is to buy all the speakers and amps first and worry about the rest later (I'm learning this the hard way, somewhat). Unless you can spend a good amount of money that is.

Bronze Member

Fort Walton Beach, Fl

Post Number: 18
The next question is how are you going to hook these amps up if you look at them the are listed as having different ratings at different ohms.. do you even have speakers to go with them yet? whatever else you have go ahead and list it all

Post Number: 5
Thanks Redrazor, I will check that site soon. The speakers I got are as follows: Audiobahn 6.5 component speakers set AS656Q Rated @100rms and Sony XSV6935X 6x9 tri way rated @ 100rms. I'm still waiting on the Audiobahn and the Phoenix Gold AMP (coming by mail). I also have a Boss DFB4 gold fuse box. I will buy the cables tomorrow no later than Friday. Also I need the fuses. Oh, I don't have the Nissan Sentra 2002 anymore. I only have the 97 Mitsubishi Galant, I will later check the amp size for it, I belive that is bigger than my old Nissan Sentra. Once more thank you.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us