Installing Amp kits

Username: Iguy_33

Post Number: 1
I have a 99 Grand Prix and i need to run an amp kit back to my amp in my trunk. Should i run it trough the firewall or under the car. Running it through the firewall is difficult because there isn't any spots to run the wire through it. If there are any suggestions to where and how i shoud run it i would be glad to know.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 3412
Do not run it under the car. You will surely cause fire.
Look at your firewall. There is always a hole somewhere that you will be able to use. That is how all installs are done.
The black round plastic/rubberish plugs you see on the firewalls, are the holes. You can knock out any one of them that leads to the inside cabin.
Don't drill a new hole until you are 100% sure there are no useable holes (very rare).

Bronze Member
Username: Iowahawks19

Post Number: 87
once you get in the cabin you go under the carpet riiiight? then how do you get back into the trunk?

im going to TRY to install myself, i'll most likely end up having it professionally done

Bronze Member
Username: Iowahawks19

Post Number: 90
hey austin sorry bout " stealing" your post man i think you allready got your answer so i just posted my question.. BTW if anyone knows of a website or somthing where it walks you thru step by step installation that would be great

Username: Pluto

Post Number: 1
TRY Crutchfieldadvisor
@:
http://www.crutchfieldadvisor.com/S-LM8dEUzdwcY/learningcenter/car/amplifiers_mo vie.html
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us