Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 2980
here you goUpload

Silver Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 667
okay im looking... thinking 2 things.... why not inside the box? i guess so you can find net volume easier and have a long port length? and two, how this is helping me understand my ABC enclosure... im not that advanced...lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 2992
well there is application to help in the abc box with this idea but i wont get into that but what im showing you is how many times have you wanted a small box volume and couldnt fit the port right using pvc well now you can plus you dont have to figure port displacement and you can hot swap the ports easier if you wanted and get more creative as well with the looks part of it all

Gold Member

Post Number: 2993
you could even make it swapable to different diameter pvc sizes if you wanted for any reason

Silver Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 675
very true. thats pretty cool. hey i have a question about PVC... my dad owns a cmopany that builds houses... and one day i asked him why all the plumbing was done in copper... and eh said its not anymore, PVC is used and now they have something called CPVC which is stronger. i think i might look into that because it would vibrate less... correct?...ever heard of CPVC?

Silver Member
Username: Alpineuser

Winchester, TN

Post Number: 594
well theres also schedule 40 and schedule 80 PVC. Schedule 40 is very strong and im fairly sure strong enough.

Silver Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 677
while were talking about materials and stuff lol... do you think homedepot or lows would cut my MDF for me? or atleast if i pay them? lol.. because i dont have something to cut perfect 2 inch diameter circles for my ports... i have a jigsaw but with a diameter that small its going to be impossible to make a perfect circle so i was wondering if any1 has had lowes or home depot do it?

Silver Member
Username: Geekbike

Post Number: 214
Both can cut, but they do not guarantee prescise cuts (I know it's $0.50/cut at Home Depot with the first 2 free if you buy from there). For round cuts, I don't think they do.

Bronze Member
Username: Racer501

ND USA

Post Number: 25
wow man the thing like looks pretty dam good but my question is wouldnt the bendin of the pip reduce the volume of the port and chang the length of the port a bit i mean it wouldnt change it a great deal but still wouldnt it still change it enough to possibly cause problems?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2997
trevor I believe this will work for your port hole question. Im not familiar with tools much but I think Im right. Its called a hole saw. Heres the link. Also trevor I planned on you using schedule 40 with 2 3/8 outher thickness.

To the person who asked about cpvc its got a higher pounds per square inch tolerance.

http://www.coastaltool.com/cgi-bin/SoftCart.exe/a/lenox/hole-saw-kits.htm?L+coas test+fcdp7454ff826782+1119770810

Gold Member

Post Number: 2998
hopefully they are cheaper to buy individually that that site but I just wanted to show you what they look like

Gold Member

Post Number: 2999
heres a picture of a hole saw at work

Upload

Gold Member

Post Number: 3000
I found a 2 3/8 hole saw for 16 bucks but thats still expensive...check around on that and make sure the pvc your getting is 2 3/8 outer demensions as well

http://www.mytoolstore.com/mkmorse/at.html

Silver Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 682
okay thanks sean... 16 bucks is worth a perfect box though lol

Silver Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 683
about the picture at work lool... did u mean in action or at ur work? what is it that you do sean? lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 3016
in action is what i meant lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us