Sony c6800x Sound Problem

Username: Pricey1985

Sydney, NSW Australia

Post Number: 2
I absoulutly hate sony Xplode, I would never buy one, EVER. But i bought a second hand car with a Sony cdx-c6800x deck in it. it was working fine at this stage, a few days later i got around to taking the sony one out and puting in my good kenwood i had. I then put the sony cdx-c6800x in my other 4wd car, when the time came to test it there was no sound. I then took it out thinking i stuffed up the wiring but everything was good. It plays cd and and you can select a channel fine but you can hear a thing. The wiring is fine and i tested several other speakers on it but to no avail. Sound still comes out the av Leads at the back, But nothing out the 4 Channels.
???????? Has this happened to anyone else, can anyone help, I cant afford to buy another deck right now? Thanks in advance
Chris, Australia pricey1985@hotmail.com

Bronze Member
Username: Ehostler

VA

Post Number: 17
Does it need you to activate the internal amp?

I can't find an owner/installation manual. I did find a service manual.

https://www.vancebaldwin.com/shop/research_new/SON/CDXC5005.pdf

Username: Pricey1985

Sydney, NSW Australia

Post Number: 4
Thanks for that, ill have a read of it. I was talking to someone in another forum who had the same problem. They ended up taking it to a repair shop who said that the amp modual in it or somehting had blown and quoted him $150 to fix it.
I ended up getting a freebi amp off a friend and it workes ok with that. Thanks for your help
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us