Upgrading for more SPL/Tons more SQ..

Silver Member
Username: Iufan4lifeul

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 141
Looking into 4 of these http://www.bestbuy.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?sku_id=0926INGFS10040459&catid=2011 4&logon=&langid=EN&test%5Fcookie=1 to replace my factory speakers as well as replacing my 2 Xplod's with 2 Kicker CVR12's. The subs are powered by an Alpine-MRP350 and the HU is a Pioneer Premier 470MP. The speakers will not and cannot be amped due to something called $. Please evaluate THIS system because I can get this stuff pretty cheap which=good. Will it improve my SPL? How about my SQ? I am more concentrated on it improving SQ. Thanks!

Silver Member

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 142
^

Bronze Member
Username: Dominirica012

Charlotte, North Carolina US

Post Number: 57
Replacing your stock speakers with hose speakers will defenitly make your car sound better and getting rid of those sonys is also a good idea

Silver Member

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 143
any other opinions?

Silver Member

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 144
^

Silver Member

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 145
please give me your feedback people! Are these upgrades worth it? I heard that going from the Xplod's to the Kickers would be MAYBE slightly louder, clearer (#1 reason for upgrading), DEEPER (aiming for), and more accurate (close to #1 reason). Would those be true for the most part? My trunk and car rattles like a mofo already, I don't need anything louder, just deeper, clearer and more accurate.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3490
yes it will be better. those speakers arnt anything to brag about there is much better out there for mids and highs but as far a subs go yes that is a nice upgrade from the sony's to the Kickers.

Username: Thumpinwrangler

Post Number: 2
KEEP THE XPLODS you said they already sound loud to make thhem sound clearer and deeper get a equalizer and cross over they will sound super clean. these people dont know what they are talking about you wont regret it.

Silver Member
Username: Mikechec9

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 248
dude. lose the xplods. trust me.
Upload

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4165
Those Pioneer coaxs are a definate step up from factory speakers. The Kicker subs are also a big step up from Sony Xplods. Most important thing to remember is that the results you achieve are not just from equipment, it's the install. If your car already rattles excessively, you're better off adding Dynamat that trying to make it louder by more subs/power. It will provide better SQ as well since you're not pushing the drivers as hard to get the same effective volume.

Silver Member

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 151
Due to money reasons etc. I am considering keeping my Sony Xplod's in the sealed box they are in right now and just doing the 4 seperate speakers. The Xplod's are as loud as I need them and hit the bass drum notes good, solid, deep, and clean. Would I REALLY notice a MAJOR, and I mean major difference in upgrading subwoofers?

Bronze Member
Username: Riebread77

Post Number: 21
Don't get an equalizer for your subs, doing so is just a waste of money as you will only use 3 or 4 of those bands due to the crossover slope...look into a phoenix gold bass cube. It will run just about $100...It will make your subs hit harder and cleaner...It has adjustable frequency choice so you can find your individual sub's sweet spot, has bass boost, and sub sonic filter...and replace the speakers...look into Infinity kappa's .7 series. Very sensitive (play loud with less power), and hit very accurate...I never use anything else...look on ebay for these things...shouldn't cost much. If you can spend everything should cost around $350...huge upgrade for little money...If you have to choose the Infinity's or the bass cube...change the interiors first...instant SQ improvement
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us