4 Kicker 10s CVR What Kinda Amp do i use?!?!?!?!?

Bronze Member
Username: Dtribe

Post Number: 22
They are dvc 4ohm that take 300rms
All the places around me have told me different things then when i go look them up on the computer i find out that it wont push them or that it is a shitty Amp can somebody Please give me a few Good Opinions for them I have been lookin for the right amp for about 2 weeks now and always get the wrong Advice
4 2005 Kicker CVR 10s Dvc 4ohm 600 Peak Power 300 RMS

Bronze Member
Username: Iowahawks19

Post Number: 40
PRICE RANGE... we can't give you helpful advice untill we know how much you have to spend

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
If i go to a local audio place ill end up spendin 700 but i know i get the same thing online for like 500 or 600 something around that

Bronze Member

Post Number: 47
how good of quality do you want, because i know the hifonics brutus is a pretty good amp that will run those subs good

Bronze Member

Post Number: 48
what ohm load will those 4 subs make???(not good with wiring) because this amp puts out the PERFECT wattage @1ohm and still good wattage at 2ohm

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=18797%26item%3D5783379109 %26

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
The best quality i can Get They are only 4ohm CVR 10s so i need to get the best amp i can I have heard differnt things about Hifonics But what is the name of that amp?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 49
BRUTUS, the brutus is hifonics best line IMO and they would run those cvr's really well. just outta curiosity why did you get 4 10" cvr's it sounds like you got alot of money(700$ for an amp alone) you could of gotten a better system but those kickers will pound. BTW while someones answering what ohm load those 4 kickers will make what will 3 4ohm subs make??

Bronze Member

Post Number: 50
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=64573%26item%3D5783885413 %26

i was looking for a Zapco but couldn't find anything over 800w but it's ebay, this is a good amp if the subs make a 2ohm load i would look into this amp

Bronze Member

Post Number: 51
BTW i wouldn't buy any of these amps from the links im giving you there just an example, you can get brand new ones/with warrenty for probably another 250$ if you shop around

Bronze Member

Post Number: 52
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=79827%26item%3D5783507105 %26

GET THAT ONE, it runs the same RMS at 1.5-4ohm and in your budget PLUS IMO it's probably the best amp to fit your system

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
Thats the shitty thing bout those DVC 4ohms
DVC 4ohms can only be took down to 2 ohms If i had something to take down to 1 ohm finding an amp would be a peice of Cake I would get a kick 1200.1 or a Crossfire VR1000 those give theyre best power at 1ohm But i need something that will give good wattage @ 2 ohm do you think a Fosgate 5001 or a Alpine 600 could do it Thats what one of the audio places said but i dont think they know what they are talkin about cause they I were correcting them on amp suggestions and i dont hardly know anything about car audio
That is a really good deal on that hifonics Its like 400 less than i wanted to spend I want to be able to buy 1 badass amp so that this system will last me for awhile and still get as loud as i can get 4 cvr 10s but i dont know if i can get a good 300 or 350 watts out of it It might it is like 100 watts short of what I
need

Bronze Member

Post Number: 53
that JL amp is perfect... and if you keep cruising ebay the prices get cheaper that was the first one i saw so i posted, i kept looking and found them as low as 500$ same amp so if you just keep your eyes open you'll get a sweet deal on IMO one of the best amps--- if you want to even go used you can start picking them up for about 400$

Bronze Member

Post Number: 55
LAST POST BEFORE I LEAVE, that xtant is also 1000w @ 2ohms so if your subs come out to a 2ohm load i would be considering that amp over the JL, either way you go it's going to be a bada@@ set up

P.S. next time you post put the name JONATHEN on it, and you'll get the best advice possible(glaswolf too but he's never around it seems like)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 28
They will still only go down to 2 ohm i think
Its funny bout those crvs Cause what happin was someone gave me 4 old kicker comp 10s and i built a awsome box for them that fits my geo tracker so i needed 10s I only spent 65 a piece on the CVRs so I got 4 for the price of 2 I really pissed about the situation If u can find me Some Speakers that will hit harder than those CVRs for the same price or maybe only like 50$ more i would love to know about it I got the cvr 10s at E-tronics i was thinkin of Returning them and Getting 2 Solo baric 10s and a Kicker 1200.amp U think those would sound better than the CVRs

Bronze Member

Post Number: 56
sound better- no, why would you get 10's if going for the solo baric?? because that box isn't going to work anymore since the holes are round, and the kicker solobaric are square(i believe unless im thinking of somthing else) do you want SQ, SPL, or SQL?

if you want SQ-look into different brands besides kicker

if you want SPL-GO WITH KICKER

if you want SQL-those cvr's are a good choice IMO
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us