Low hissing noise

Unregistered guest
I've got four speakers running from my head deck, no amp, and there is always a low hissing noise in the background. It's really quite irritating. it's not really loud, and you do have to listen for it sometimes, but it's there. Any suggestions? I think it might have something to do with my ground... Thanks guys.

Unregistered guest
Just to ad something, i replaced all the speaker wire cause i thought that might have something to do with it. but it really didn't make a difference at all.

Silver Member
Username: Tbone

OK United States

Post Number: 136
Check the ground on your radio first, did you wire it into stock wiring?

nice_guy_108
Unregistered guest
Yeah, i just wired it into what was already there. I just checked and found out that the ground was running directly to the cigarette lighter ground. should this be okay?

Silver Member

OK United States

Post Number: 142
Try grounding it to something else, and see if it helps. Also, what do you have the red and yellow power wires hooked into? Sounds like you might be hearing engine whine.

Username: Nice_guy_108

New Zealand

Post Number: 1
red is to ignition and yellow is to the battery. I'll try grounding somewhere else. I don't think it's engine whine... it's just that low airy noise if you know what i'm talking about...

Silver Member

OK United States

Post Number: 148
Yeah, that sound is annoying, and sometimes hard to fix. Reroute your yellow cable in another direction, maybe to close to condensor wiring, and see if that helps.

Username: Bose_boy

Post Number: 10
Do you run the Red,and Yellow wires to the batt on cars? Or just the yellow? Lets say the stock wiring harness doesn't have the TWO wires going to the batt like it needs? I know my friends car didn't have the wring already going to it. At least not two of them..Thanks.

Silver Member

OK United States

Post Number: 159
I usually don't run either to the battery. I usually hook the red to a power that is on when the car is on, and the yellow to a different wire that has power all the time, such as the dome light.

Username: Nice_guy_108

New Zealand

Post Number: 2
I could be wrong, but doesn't the dome light get power directly from the battery if the car isn't on? i'm pretty sure my stock yellow wire comes from something like that anyway.

Silver Member

OK United States

Post Number: 163
Yeah, that is why you hook the yellow (constant) to it, so it always has power, and the shorter run is less likely to pick up noise in the small gauge wire.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us