MY SYSTEM RULES ----->>>>>>>>>

Bronze Member
Username: X_cold_x

Amsterico, NY USA

Post Number: 18
yo i have 1 12" sony Xplode sub that is running off a lanzar 500 watt amp and DUDE IM TELLIN YOU SONY ROCKS OMG i was clocked in for db and i was AMAZED im tellin you i clocked in at a whole 2.5 db !!!! i was like OMG these subs are seriously the WORST ever, so i returned them to walmart and now i am in the process of purchasing a 15" Brahma !!!!

Bronze Member

Amsterico, NY USA

Post Number: 19
hahah ^^^^^ gotta get a laugh every now and then....

Silver Member
Username: Alpineuser

Winchester, TN

Post Number: 502
i would just wait till the new brahmas came out

Bronze Member

Amsterico, NY USA

Post Number: 27
imma get the old one's and then the new one's in august

Silver Member

Winchester, TN

Post Number: 503
of course a 15" avalanche would be just as nice and $175 cheaper

Silver Member

Winchester, TN

Post Number: 505
oh yea forgot to mention that the avalanche (the ones available still) use the xbl^2 motor which is the motor that adire uses in its brahma. not as punchy as the brahma but with alot more bottom end. brahma wins in spl from 40hz up where as the avalanche takes it from 40hz down.

Bronze Member
Username: Dozyproductions

San Diego, California United States

Post Number: 20
I believe only the best time to get sony xplods is when your friend works for sony and just gets them for free or next to free. so you blow them out in a week? no prob bob. wow i just love hearing those stories. why couldnt this be for RE?

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2861
"oh yea forgot to mention that the avalanche (the ones available still) use the xbl^2 motor which is the motor that adire uses in its brahma."

That is exactly why Adire said what they did, and made Chad at Ascendant sell out all the XBL^2 models, and switch over to new motors.

Adire was getting tired of people comparing their products to other ones, just because "it uses the XBL^2 motor, just like the Brahma!!"

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1846
hehe, then adire raised prices. go figure. i cant believe they did that! 40 bucks more for the brahma.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4130
They didn't make Chad sell out, he chose to. The statement was either misinterpreted by Chad or used as an excuse to use a cheaper technology. You have to pay royalties to use XBL^2, and as cheap as Ascendant's subs are, you can see where that is a problem. Add the fact that it seems that Chad instantly had a solution to replace XBL^2 a very short period of time after Dan made the initial statement, and emphasized that it cost them nothing. Saying XBL^2 is equal is saying that all overhungs, or underhungs, or evenhungs are equal. That could potentially put Sony Xplod in the category of Dynaudio. You just don't pop up with alternatives that quick, speaker engineering takes time, I think he had it preplanned. Third, XBL^2 is a patent pending technology from Adire, BUT it is made in licensed build houses and those build houses are what pays royalties to Adire. Dan isn't aware of many companies that are using XBL^2, as that isn't solely controlled by him but by the build house (which is another party). Adire and Ascendant weren't partners in any way, shape, or form. Dan wasn't even involved in the engineering of their speakers. XBL^2 is XBL^2 in itself, but it is a small part of the equation. It's up to the manufacturer to engineer the voice coils, magnets, baskets, soft parts (suspension, cone, surround). There is a HUGE difference between the subs. The Avalanche uses parts shipped from overseas, Adire custom tools all their parts. That jacks up the price for the Brahma. The material quality of Adire products tends to be better and the build quality is top notch.

Silver Member

Winchester, TN

Post Number: 526
jonathan how do you know so much lol

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 4131
Really that question had been brought up a little while ago. I'd already stated my opinion of it before :-) Keep in mind I'm not accusing Chad in any way, just clearing up misinterpretation. I think they have a good thing going right now and are getting solid remarks, he just flat out misinterpreted what Dan posted. I just found it suspicious that they could make that quick of a turnaround with their designs. That's like an automaker coming up with a new ground-up platform in a years time, it just doesn't happen. Not only engineering has to take place, you also have to prepare for production, which takes a while to changeover for new products. XBL^2 is a motor topology, in the same way that evenhung, underhung, and overhung designs are. The results aren't from XBL^2 alone (although it provides outstanding BL linearity if you design correctly) but from other factors as well. That was what Dan was trying to get across, I'm sure after being asked "why get a Brahma when the Avalanche is cheaper?"

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2866
That's exactly what I meant John, and no, I didn't meen they made Chad sellout, I was well aware that he chose to use a different motor. I thought it all sounded a little fishy myself, him having a new motor to use so quickly. My point was, I hate it when people compare Adire to Resonant, or Adire to Ascendant, or Ascendant to Resonant, etc... just because they use the XBL^2 motor. There are many other factors that determine a subs quality, and just because they use the same motor technology does not meen they are the same quality.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 4133
Wasn't accusing you of anything, sorry if it came across like that. I know you know these things :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us