How do you tune

Bronze Member
Username: Gino0809

Post Number: 45
how do you tune a box to a certain amount of hz?

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2124
I'm no box expert... but it has to do with how big the port is.

Bronze Member
Username: Audio_king

Denton, TX USA

Post Number: 68
ya u take the volume of ur box and do a formula to get the port volume. im not sure how to do it but subfanatic knows.

Silver Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 156
It has to do with the width/length/depth of the port. WinISD is a good program to figure it all up.

Right now I'm looking at a box tuned to 32Hz, volume of 4 cubic feet. Dimensions are: 15x15x39.43. Vent size is 2x14, vent length is 12.2". I'm not done fiddeling with it yet, but that's roughly what I'm looking at. It'll give me 2.57db gain at 33.6Hz, and cutoff of -3db at 28Hz.

Look into that program, read the help file. If you need any more help, just yell.

Bronze Member
Username: Audio_king

Denton, TX USA

Post Number: 69
so hey man r those the dimensions u want for that box? sorry to bother u so much but i wont have internet access after tommorrow. so email me before tommorrow and tell me if u want it and if u do then the dimensions.

Silver Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 158
I'm still deciding. It's going to take me awhile to figure it all up. Need to ask some people questions, and see if I can find a sweet spot. I'll also need to go measure the car that the box will be residing in, and that's a bit hard, it's a six hour drive to get it... So it'll be awhile.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us