Going for a WorldRecord tomarrow......

Bronze Member
Username: Zacdavis

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 88
0-1000 ProStock.
I feel this class to be one of the most competitive classes.
In any/all "stock" class you must have all the equipment within the cargo area/trunk of the vehicle. So nothing, not even an amp screwed to the seat folded forward is still considered out of the cargo area. In addition all equipment (woofer/box/amps/caps) MUST stay below the bottom of the lowest window line.

With all that aside, the "pro" stock class is intended for company sponsored vehicles. So be prepared to go against guys who've had equipment "given" to them.

There is 3 Pro Stock divisions,

0-1000 watts
1001-5000watts
5001+ watts

I feel 0-1000 to be the hardest. With the lowest available wattage you must rely on building the most efficient system.
Take 5001+ for instance, say your score is a little off the leaders, just add more power to gain.
In 0-1000 you've only got so much power to work with so you must rebuild to gain or find little things that help you gain.

At any rate i'm not sponsored so that bites. I do own a small stereo shop though, this help's since I get my equipment at discount (although not much cheaper than E-Bay lol).
All the money comes out of my pocket, but heck, I dont mind goin against the "big dogs" (as they call themselves).
So here it goes, I'll let you guys know how baddly I crush the World Record tomarrow.
(or give a really lame excuse why I failed, lol)

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4067
What you gonna be using, since you can't really power some ported 9500s well with 1000 watts? :-).

Silver Member
Username: Alpineuser

Winchester, TN

Post Number: 459
1001-5000 sucks. would be hard for someone with 1001 watts to compete with someone with 5000 if the guy with 5000 knows how to build boxes and is getting a true 5000

Silver Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 508
Awesomeness....good luck!

Bronze Member

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 89
Thanks guys. :-)

Jonathon, I'm using a couple mmats amps and 4 DD3512's.

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 2652
whats the world record for your class at right now zac?

Bronze Member

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 90
The number's for world records dont sound all that impressive for a couple reasons.
#1 all records are set in the legal position (vehicle sealed up with the mic on the dash)
All UACSI cars are built for outlaw in the kick, so legal on the dash proposes the first disadvantage.

Secondly, all USACI World Records are set with the infamous B&K microphone. This mic is one of the hardest. Sort of like T/L being harder than the A/C.

But to answer your question, the record is 153.4.
That particular number translates to near a 160 outlaw in the on a T/L mic. So dont let the 153 fool ya, in reallity thats really loud on the B&K.
The world record for 5000+ Pro is 157 by a DB Drive sponsored car. His number is 164 outlaw on the T/L.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2655
I follow. Good luck tomorrow man. Thanks for the reply.

later

Gold Member

Post Number: 2673
what time is the show Zac?

Bronze Member

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 92
New record, 156.2 backed up with a 155.9.
Thanks guys.

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1790
awesome man, gimme a dollar. :-) i dont think you ever answered me when i asked what amps you are running.

Silver Member
Username: Addicted2bass

Miami, Florida USA

Post Number: 819
nice zac...good job..now if only i can break some records...lol...some help zac???

Silver Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 629
wow you smashed it... did you take any pictures of your car? id like to see the setup

Toba
Unregistered guest
ya same here

Gold Member

Post Number: 2708
so that was you that did that right? I dont want to assume anything but I imagine it was you or you wouldnt have posted it. If so great job man.

Bronze Member

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 93
Thanks guys.
Btw sean Im using mmats amps with DD subs. I will be switching to DD amps when the new Z1's ship out.

Bronze Member

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 94
oops, i meant to say Hunter, i'm using mmats.....

Gold Member

Post Number: 2709
Lord willing I hope to hold a trophy one day too with ya Zac. Great job man.

Bronze Member
Username: Bigred2069

Post Number: 14
what does 153.4 and 156.2 and all those record numbers mean mean?

Silver Member
Username: Addicted2bass

Miami, Florida USA

Post Number: 824
153.4 and 156.2 decibels...spl compettions..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us