Explain how DVC effects ohms please

Anonymous

i dont understand how DVC effects the ohms. im thinkin about gettin 2 12 MTX thunder 5500 and you can get them in DVC 4 ohms or SVC 4 ohms. my amp is not 1 ohm stable. but in general what does DVC do?

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2048
Well, a 4 ohm svc sub is 4 ohms... simple enough. But, 4 ohms dvc, can be wired to 2 ohms, or 8 ohms.
Dvc just gives you more options to work with you're amp.
2 ohms dvc can be wired to 1 ohm, or 4 ohms.

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2049
What is you're amp specs, and I'll help you pick the svc, or dvc.

Anonymous

pioneer GM-5100T
125w rms x 2 at 4 ohms
380w rms x 1 at 4 ohms
190w rms x 2 at 2 ohms
i no its pioneer but the specs are CEA certified, thanks for the help

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2051
If you are going to get 2, get the dvc virsions. You can wire each in paralel to 2 ohms, then wire in series to get the 4 ohms... 2ohms+2ohms. You're amp will do 380 x 1 at 4 ohms.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4065
It's ohms law, if you have multiple loads in parallel, the impedance (resistance) drops accordingly, because there are more paths for current to flow. If you have loads in series, the resistance adds together to get a higher effective resistance. DVC subs allow you to wire for either, affecting the load presented to the amplifier and thus the power the driver gets.

Silver Member
Username: Geekbike

Post Number: 134
This is a really good link for wiring:

http://www.crutchfieldadvisor.com/S-524gQXvI60x/learningcenter/car/subwoofers_wi ring.html

Anonymous

alright got it thanks guys

Anonymous

on that website it shows the 2 positives and 2 negative wires taht run to the amp being connected, how do u connect them?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us