Tweeter shutting off please help

Bronze Member
Username: Yungsta

Post Number: 15
My CDT CL_61 left tweeter shuts down when volume is set 16 and up and its not even that loud but when I turn down the volume and right back up it works again then shuts off in another couple of seconds I am running the components with a ppi pc275 75 watt rms x 4 ohms per channel

Silver Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 458
Try lowering the gain on your amp. You might be clipping and the crossover is shutting off your tweeter so that you don't fry it.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
ahhh do you think the tweeter is damaged by now?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
I also have the tweeters placed behind the door in a stock location would moving the tweeters give better sound, if so where? and is sound deadening the door another option in bringing out more quality? I have so many questions but these are the ones boggling my mind please help.

Silver Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 604
Sound deadening and sealiong off that door would make it sound all that much better. As far as the tweeter being gone, does it still sound okay? If it still sounds fine to you, then I would say you are okay, if it sounds like crap, it needs to be replaced. For tweeter placement I have found that placing the tweeter near the mid is the best set up, and also aiming it at the passenger, and from the passenger side, aiming it at the driver.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
I turned on the crossover on the amp and it doesnt shut off anymore, and I relocated the tweeters mounted on the door not behind it. When I checked one tweeter it actually fell deep into the door now that its better positioned I turn down the treble by a couple of notches and I looked into sound deadening and wow it cost $100 for dynomat just for the doors. Will it make overall sound louder or improvements in quality
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us