JL vs. Rockford Fosgate

Username: Cooldudejz

Post Number: 8
i plan on buying all this stuff off ebay or of people i know. i am trying to build a killer system. i want to know what the poeple on this forum think is better. 2 Rockford Fosgate T215D2 or 2 JL Audio 13w7. they will be powered by an Audiobahn A2300HCT. i also have another question has anbody have bought or heard of www.cbrstereo.com because thats where i plan on buying the amp and its like 1/2 of the original cost. just want to know if this site is legit. both the subs would be in custom boxes, made to specs.

Bronze Member
Username: Voodoochilde

Greencastle, Indiana

Post Number: 39
i'm gonna guess most ppl are gonna say 13w7.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3334
well putting that amp aside for a minute the 13w7 is a great sub. The RF is good too. Running either one of those sub set-ups off of that amp is like running a ferrari with a 1.2 liter diesel VW rabbit motor.

Username: Cooldudejz

Post Number: 9
could u suggest an amp then. would u recommend a hifonics.

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 4209
i would take the HCT over hifonics, but thats THE ONLY amp i would take of audiobahn over hifonics, otherwise, i would look into jbl, kicker, mtx, things along those lines

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 3240
Hifonics produces decent to questionable quality amps. Do not waste your money. If all you're after is loud noise, then go for it.

water
Unregistered guest
Rockford amp is the best your gonna get for bass
if you get the power series

Silver Member
Username: Fordpwr

Los angeles, CA Usa

Post Number: 256
w7's all the way man.

Username: Mike516882

Lake bluff, Illinois US

Post Number: 2
hey dont mess around with the cheap crap...go with the w7s and then get the jl audio 1000/1 amp it is way underadvertised and will put out about 1500 watts RMS. I promise u it will be the best sound u will get. trust me i got all jl and bostons stuff just dont mess around and RF (rockford fosgate) is the american sell out they SUCK...

Silver Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 200
Michael, you don't know what you are talking about so just sit down a shut up. There is no way you should ever power (2) 13w7's with (1) 1000/1. The 1000/1 is perfectly matched for ONE 13w7. A 13w7 will easily take 1000 watts EACH. And that amp doesn't put out 1500 watts rms, just so you know. Yes it is underrated, but not by that much. It is more in the region of 1100 wrms. So don't go promising anything!

Besides that, I agree about Rockford. They make junk now.

Silver Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 201
Get the JLs. :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us