No place can work on a Land Rover * I need Help*

Username: Gmanmule

Post Number: 2
I just bought a 1999 Land rover discovery 11 with a harmon/karmon stock system in it. In my old car I had an alpine deck and an 2 channel amp with two kicker comp subs. They all worked great in my old car. I went to go get all my gear installed at best buy. And at first the didn't know if it needed an amp by-pass in it and they called their "people." And they said it didn't need one because it didn't have a factory amp in it. So they put it in. The amp works the subs work it just they sound nothing like they did in the old car. I mean hardly anything is coming out of them. The amp is tuned like it should be and the deck is programmed to. But still their is nothing. The Best Buy people said its my problem now because they did their job. Well later that day I found the factory amp and that makes me wonder. Please any ideas. And one more weird thing is in my old car I needed to turn the sound up to 16 or 17 for it to sound right and the subs hit like they should. But in this car I only need to turn it up to 2 and the speakers are loud. But just a little sound is coming out of the subs but if I turn it way up the subs hit like they should but the speaks are about to blow. If anyone can help thanks you so much.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us