Box for two Eclipse SW9122

Bronze Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 57
I'm buying two Eclipse SW9122's, and am looking into a box. I want boom boom, SQ doesn't really matter. I'd like a vented box, but I don't have time to specially build one. Any ideas? And is it better to get two seperate boxs, or just one big one? Thanks guys!

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 4162
either or, as lnog as there are different chambers, but since i specialize in eclipses i can build you a nice box, but would be a hefty shipping charge

Bronze Member

Post Number: 59
What would be the approx. price total? I want a good box, carpet and terminals. I don't have time to mess around with it... lol

Bronze Member

Post Number: 63
What's the best size for these subs? Can you give me measurements for the "optimal" box? Much appreciated. I'd also like it vented, more boom.

And how do you tell how much air a sub wants? Is it the VAS rating? Once again, never gotten into it this far... always just bought a box...

Thanks.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 64
Sorry, I keep thinking of things. I have one 12" box with 2.28 cu ft. Would that work? I can easily get another one. Also, I found a dual box with 1.7 cu ft. Would one of those work? Or is it best to have a custom one?

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 4176
yea i would do vented, terminals and all that, tats standard, i would charge like 70 bucks plus shipping, shipping will be heavy on a box of this size, after you tell me emasurements of your car ill draw you a pic to show you of what it would look like and all the dimensions, custom boxes are the best, because all subs have different reactions, so no two subs will sound right in the same box, but to tell you, i will NOT do carpeting, well i could but i would charge alot more then you would want because its really expensive around here to get it, and i hate HATE doing carpeting, i did it once, looked terrible, got pissed, burned the box

Bronze Member

Post Number: 67
Sounds like a deal. It'll be going in the back seat of my car, or in the back of my truck, so size limitations isn't really existent. If it'll fit through a door, it'll work :D. What do you think would be a good size? Also, are these high quality boxes? Most people around here build their own, and they look like sh!t. I want a professional looking/sounding box. I can paint it black or whatever, no biggy. Looks is big around here, it can be the loudest system around, but if it doesn't look good, it's crap... Kinda pisses me off. But hey, I like good looking systems.

Also, how would something like this sound?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=14945%26item%3D5778662606 %26%26

And I already have a 2.28 cu ft. box, and can easily get another, would that work?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 68
Sorry if I sound cheap, but I'm not ENTIRELY made of money :D. And it's a b!tch to sell good stereo stuff around here. So if I don't use my old stuff, it'll just sit around collecting dust. Does me no good doing that.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 4182
ummm idk, is it sealed?

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 4183
ill build yuo a box and ship it to you if u help me out on the alt thing

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1688
i actually just amde a design that would work pretty good for those subs what kinda car is it? i think the cubic feet is right around 2.3 after displacement and what not and is tuned pretty high around 40

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 4186
well with eclipses wouldnt he want tot une it around 31 hrtz or so, make it sound great, hit the lows and highs, cause these subs cna get loud that low and still sound great, hell at 32 hrtz i hit 146 with 1 15 ti

Gold Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1690
really? yeah 40 is extremely high but he said spl.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 4188
yes really lol, but thats true, but also if he is gonig to tune a box that high, in songs like late nite tip and stuff, that have the real real lows he wont even hear them, he will hear his sub flapping

Gold Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1693
yeah i know i love that sound jk. i hate. i think its funny though. im building one for a friend with 2 cvrs and he likes them tuned that high, but thats because the shops here feed people garbage like you dont need to tune it any lower because nothing pl;ays that low.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 4193
yea right, most songs have lows that low, like i sat in my car tuned to 32 hrtz and can hear every note distinctivly on like every genre of song, got in my friends with his w7 tuned to 44 and it misses half the notes

Gold Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1698
im tuned my box to 28 :-)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 69
So where's the sweet spot for these subs? And how do you tune them? I'd like to know what my current box is tuned at. 2.28 cu ft. If it's tuned alright, I'll just get another one.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 70
This is what I currently have:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem%26item%3D5765336073%26&sspagename= STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT%26

Port volume: 0.39 cu. ft.

Gold Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1704
that box doesnt look too bad. never seen a lip on the front of a box though. not sure what it is tuned to. email and ask them

Bronze Member

Post Number: 77
The guy I bought them from said to use a 1" MDF, 1 cubic foot sealed box. But wouldn't a good tuned vented box hit harder? Also, how much power should I give these bad boys? I've read that people run 2600 RMS a peice to them. What do you guys think?

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 4231
lol, jake, i run ALOT of power to my subs and i wont run over 1200 watts to each

Bronze Member

Post Number: 78
Do you have these Eclipse Ti's? I just want to get the PERFECT setup. We're really rural, and there's not many "systems" around here, and very few are any good. I want one everyone remembers and appreciates.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 81
My current sub box is at 35Hz. I used http://www.carstereo.com/help/Articles.cfm?id=31 to figure this. Would that be alright for the Eclipse's to run in?

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 4233
yea that would be descent, but it might be a lil higher or lower depending on the displace ment of your sub, but yes i have had my tis for lie ages lol, ask anyone on here

Bronze Member

Post Number: 83
Displacement is 2.28 cubic feet. I want the best out there...

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 4251
displacement isnt that big lol

Bronze Member

Post Number: 86
What do you mean?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums