Db meter

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 4289
ok guys, i have always wondered and now im finnally asking, what exactly does a Tl read?? i mean really i have seen like crazy things that happens with these mics, im not talking about just tl, thats just first that came to mind, i mean alllll mics in car audio, but what do they read, how loud it is, like how bad it hurts your ears, how much air it moves, i mena cause i have seen a system that is WAYYYYYYY louder than my eclipse hit low 130s and ive seen a system for 4 15 memphis m3s that u can hear and feel OVER my tis and it hits 138, whats the deal with this??? i dont understand it!

Username: Spyder

Eglin AFB, Florida USA

Post Number: 6
just like when i took 2 13w7's against a set of audiobahn 10's for my shop. both in hatches in vented boxes. got my a$$ handed to me by the audiobahns.....they were the circuit city type. air pressure is what does it....alot of it has to do with how fast the speaker can go full exursion front to back.....and generally the mics like high bass. any guy here can tell you 2 13W7's are loud as piss and a lot louder then the audiobahns....sad thing is that he beat out a set of titanium pro 18's to. what is louder or what builds pressure better.

Bronze Member
Username: Eclipse2005

Vicenza, Vicenza Italy

Post Number: 92
Subfanatic, what kinda car u ride?

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 2736
I have also heard certian mics tend to like the higher frequencies better which i think may point to inaccurate readings but I will point this out subfan I had my two lanzar dc 12's in my car and then had a jl 12w3 v2 in my car on the same amp and headunit but the intrresting thing is the jl hit like 10 db less than my lanzars did but you could hear it out of the car with the windows up but with my lanzars you couldnt hear them out of the car and remind you this was two 12's vs one 12 inch jl so when you compare how loud it seems by ear that may be a few pointers to why the meter read diferent even though your ear clearly says different
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us