Hi everyone...long time no see, can yall give me a hand?

Silver Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 791
hi everyone,

its been a while since i've been on the board, but i guess i'm back now. i need to get some help from yall.

I still have my SX15 and i got a replacement bp1200.1, i have it doing 145db...but i recently got a craftsman clamp meter and found out that my impedence at my burping freq is jumping to ~6.5-7ohm! this box rise is killing me! i'm guessing the sub is only getting ~450wrms at my burping freq.

my current box is 3.8 cuft tuned to 44hz w/ 50sq inches of port...

What can i do to get my box rise down?

i was thinking about reconeing the SX15 to a dvc 0.7ohm config and running at .35ohm nominal. also i what thinking about rebuilding to a 5 cu ft box w/ 75-100sq inches of port. What do yall think?

-marshall

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1679
are you running external extra battereis batteries? did you upgrade wiring to everything big3 yadayada? because i think that would help a lot.

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 2556
what ohm is your peak power output from your amplifier?

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1681
i think it is 1

Gold Member

Post Number: 2560
wow big time loss

Gold Member

Post Number: 2561
well ill say this assuming that changing amps doesnt change your impedance results that would be one way around it like if you had a 8 ohm bridged amp that put out the needed power then it would dip to give you even more power than rated 8 ohm dridged but that would be costly

Gold Member

Post Number: 2564
the only other way i no is by adding insulation teporarily but that will changed the port tune as well as the box size seen but what im aiming for here is does the impedance drop as i have read with larger box sizes ....the best way i no to calculate this effect would be with my adjustable box idea with the adjustable ports and do your impedance readings and your on your way to more power from your amp and more spl from your speaker

Gold Member

Post Number: 2565
cutting your impedance down from 6.5 to 7 to 3.5 to 3.25 would mean a doubling in power.. basically a theoretical 3 db gain and 1.75 to 1.625 would be another theoretical 1.5 db on top of that ....a possible 149.5 db

Silver Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 112
Consider using a passive crossover and build an impedence correction across the terminals (capacitor & resistor). The values do matter. Check your thiel small and large parameters.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2568
intresting mix i had this idea a while back as well and forgot it but i do want to ask what theil large parameters are though?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us