Is there any way around a biger alternator

any ideas
Unregistered guest
they want 1000 $ to put one in my car and the shop is in East LA and i dont want him taking my car apart and having parts left over

Bronze Member
Username: Velk4425

Post Number: 41
One thousand dollars!?!?!?!??

I could see one hundred dollars...so I'm going to assume you meant that.

There is no substitute for a higher powered alternator. The electricity has to come from somewhere.

Alternator installation is basic in my opinion and I believe you could do it yourself (I did).

If you decide to pay the money, they wont be taking your car apart and there will only be your old alternator and maybe some wiring left over. Like I said...it's basic.

any ideas
Unregistered guest
i have a liquid cooled alt so i need a different kind and i have a 2002 cadillac i have checked at least 500 for the alt and what ever for the install? so i am fu

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 3172
Check the thread under "accessories" on this forum. There's a topic there already on alternator. You will find a link for getting HO alternator at a cheaper price.
Anyone wanting $1000 for an alternator install is either a moron or a crook.
Ask they guy EXACTLY why it's costing $1000. Tell him to break down the number. Make him explain how he got $1000.

any ideas
Unregistered guest
i am telling you caddys have funny engion wish they did not i have two of them and i need way way more amps. i have stuff i cant hook up.

Silver Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 456
is it an escalade by any chance? i can get a 200A alt for my escalade for like 250-300 i think... and my brother says its fairly easy to install urself

look on mralternator.com or hoalternator.com is another site i think
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us