Sub not loud enough

Username: Iamdisturbed

Vc, Nd

Post Number: 6
ok i got a friend with a 12 inch L7 in a ported box and a 760 watt amp. heres the problem, its not loud at all. ive heard 6by9s louder then this sub. i wired the sub into 8 ohms, i have a feeling thats why its not loud at all, could one of u tell me how to wire it into 4 ohms or 2 ohms maybe. the amp is also a pioneer, could that be a reason for it not being loud. but i need help here cuz my one 10 at my house is louder then this thing, please people. thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Darkseid

Post Number: 31
wire your voice coils in parallel, that'll give you a 2 ohm load

Bronze Member
Username: Xtant1001

Post Number: 57
I am selling 2 NEW 12inch Diamond D6 Subs. I am asking $325.00 plus shipping Per Subs. These are the new line of Subwoofers from Diamond. These Subs are still in the factory box and never been Used at all. Also I still have my Xtant 1001 that Im also selling and asking $600.00 plus shipping for the Xtant 1001. The Xtant I just got back from factory also so it is in good condition. The Pioneer Double Din I am asking $100.00 plus shipping for it. Email unan0@hotmail.com or call (425) 985-5415 if interested. I can take Paypal unan0@hotmail.com but please add 3% for the fee, or contact me for other arrangements. Thank you for looking.

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Vc, Nd

Post Number: 8
im kinda new in this so i dont know how to wire into parrelel. could u tell me how i should run the wires. cuz i did it once and i think i f'ed up cuz i went to the sub and it smelled bad. could the amp just be crap and be to distorted or what. thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Byrumjr

Post Number: 262
If the 12 inch L7 is dual voice coil and you are at 8ohms like this

Upload

Wire it like this will give you 2ohms
Upload
If this is the amp I think it is. That pioneer 760 watt amp is the max watts. When bridged at 4ohms they say it will do 380. The one I checked only did 200 when bridged at 4ohms. So at 8ohms you have no power to push the sub.

Vc, Nd

Post Number: 10
holy, thanks man. that helps a lot.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us