Amps inside sub box?

Username: Shorty26

Post Number: 5
Will placing my amps inside my sub box create any complications with the amps or subs? What i am doing is bolting down my custom sub box inside my truck to make it as difficult to jack as possible. If I can, I want to mount the amps inside the box to prevent them from being stolen as well. Is this a smart thing to do, or should i just stop being paranoid?

Silver Member
Username: Shadylimitedx

Pgh, Pa Usa

Post Number: 161
what i think it dosnt matter if ur stuff is mounted or bolted pll will just take the screws out an take ur subs an amps they will just leave the box what i think

Username: Shorty26

Post Number: 6
ill be impressed if anyone can even get to the screws because there is only a few inches between the subs and the seats. even if they do get the screws out there is no chance that there is enough clearance between the seats and the box, the only chance of stealing them is to take the whole box, hence my bolting it down.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 3166
Shorty, do NOT mount your amp inside the sub box. It'll not only give you poor sound quality, you will damage the amp. The vibration will eventually break the circuit board as well as other sensitive components.
If you're afraid of getting jacked, then make a custom rack/box and install the amp there. Then you can cover it up with a matching carpet or paint.
As for screws, you can use one of those security ones. They require a special screwdriver to remove it.

Silver Member
Username: Balls573

Winona, Missouri U.S

Post Number: 113
where can you get these screws and special screwdriver isaac?

Silver Member
Username: Shadylimitedx

Pgh, Pa Usa

Post Number: 162
ya where can u buy them

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 3171
Some of the electronic stores carry them. I bought security screw bits for $15. It had 25 different bits.
Try searching eBay. They might also have some.

Silver Member
Username: Byrumjr

Post Number: 260
I have my box and amps built on racks in the trunk of my car. I put Phillip screws in and then rounded the heads with a drill bit. Just make sure it's where you want it because you have to drill the screws out to remove any of it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us