Ok ive had enough trying to do this triple chamber abc box

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 2428
ill just do this triple chamber abc myself and let you guys know how it comes out see you when its done

Gold Member

Post Number: 2430
disreguard this written in the heat of anger

Bronze Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 94
Just in case;

When building multi-chambered enclosures, there are a few things to be aware of.

Each chamber will resonate at a different frequency(if they are different dimmensions and/or shape) If they are the same dimmensions then they will boom at the frequency that that enclosure resonates at. So either way you look at it, you will have something to deal with. Another thing to take into consideration is multi-chambered enclosures require excellent bracing. This will increase the difficulty of building the box.

I m not trying to discourage you, I am just stating the obvious.

Good luck

Gold Member

Post Number: 2433
ok i know this all and i understand how each chamber will have its own tune frequency thats the idea with the abc enclosure i just want to take it to 3 chambers instead of just 2 to see what out come i have compared to the dual chamber im going to build as well for the same subs...mt tangband 6.5s with 35 hz fs (says on tangband site not parts express) with 12 mm xmax are the test subs

thanks for your help mix i appreciate it

Bronze Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 96
IMO things are better in their simplest form.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2439
yeah but doing this will give me a better idea how things work in abc boxes and I can apply that knowledge to different kinds of boxes like sealed and ported ...my ultimate goal is to design a box as small possibe with good bandwidth good spl and good sq with as little power as possibe....seeing p4s do as well as they did with two 6.5's shows me we have a long way to go in car audio enclosures and they gave us a glimpse of the future you can count on it. I personally have the goal of having a usable trunk space with all the qualities i listed above with a quality install (looks wise) as well....i refuse to accept that more power and bigger alternators with large speakers is the only answer for high spl and good sq.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us