Truck setup

diga diga diesel
Unregistered guest
I have silverado ext cab and want a system for my truck. I dont know much about this and someone told me to get 2 12.1 kappa perfect with a mtx 1200 amp. i am planning on using a 2 downfiring box that is for my truck. please tell me what facts i have wrong or possibly solutions under $800. thanks

DynOmite
Unregistered guest
800$ for everything..... you can do MUCH SO MUCH BETTER-- what size subs are you looking for/ are you looking for Sound Quality/How loud it gets?? give us more of a discription and we'll tell you-- also you have to chose between 10's/12's or 15's

diga diga diesel
Unregistered guest
I started my research hoping to spend not much more then $500 but while pricing it out it seemed unlikely. I was planning on getting 2 12 inch. I want it to sound nice but for some events i want it to be loud. http://musicmooseaudio.com/chevy_gmc_truck_c9905.html
This is the box that i was considering. What system do you think would be a better buy and i would rather not get a new headunit but i will if there is a difference in performance. I got $800 by adding subs, box, amp,. Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3927
if u need a HU, or subs, or an amp, im the gtuy to come to used lol

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2736
If you use that box, it's gonna be hard to find subs that fit in it. It has a very shallow mounting depth, and is only .66 cf per chamber.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3946
yea wouldnt 2 w3s work?

Username: Cajun74

Post Number: 6
That box is shallow, and i think 12"w3's have a mounting depth of 6.56" and are recommended for 1-1.5cf of airspace in a sealed box.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3956
my friend has 2 w3s under the seats in his truck and ive never heard the w3s sound better

Post Number: 7
That box seems to have the mounting depth and airspace for 10"w3's.

diga diga diesel
Unregistered guest
I dont know what a w3 is and what are my other options for under seat boxex.

Post Number: 8
Here is a box that is like the one you were looking at but has more mounting depth and airspace. and alot cheaper.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=14945%26item%3D5778503875 %26

Alloutparty
Unregistered guest
W3 is a nice subwoofer made by JL audio, go to www.jlaudio.com for more info, and its a nice sub, very clear and good bass.. cant go wrong with that, i will hook up a 300Watt amp to it and will pound good.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us