No bass out of speakers

Emanuel
Unregistered guest
I installed 230W 6x9s in the rear and 220 W 6.5s in the front. There is a factory crossover for the front speakers that leads to two tweeters that I have not replaced. I have a Pioneer 3700 (50W per channel, 22 W RMS per channel).

I am not able to get any bass out of the speakers. I have tried the EQ and loud, and made sure the polarity is right. Shouldn't 22W RMS per channel be enough to power those speakers for decent bass? Any helP!?!?! I don't want to install a sub!

Bronze Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 91
What do you consider decent bass? Are you talking about physical shaking of the window or mirrors? Well if thats what you are refering to, then you may reconsider your thoughts. If you want to feel bass, then you need a serious setup with a sub and a separate amp, not 6X9's.

11 watts RMS is plenty power to deliver window and mirror vibrations from almost any speaker.

If all of your HU settings are maxed out and there is no bass, then there must be a physical error in your wiring. First check that your crossover is not connected to the 6X9 woofer as well as the tweeter. The capacitors in passive crossovers cut off low frequency (depending on value). If this is not your problem, then you may want to install your 6X9's in a sealed enclosure (box), not just a rear seat baffle or door-pannel.

Also check that you are within your load range. If your HU can not handle the load, you may be stressing your HU. Most HU are not stable below 4 ohms.

I hope any of this makes sense and or helps you out.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us