Is running 2 different amps ok?

Bronze Member
Username: Safa19

Post Number: 51
hey, i have an audiobahn amp right now but i am getting a hifonics for 2 12 inch type r's in the near future but for now i want to get a 4 channel hifonics amp for my speakers, so would running an audiobahn and a hifonics do any damage to eather one since they are not the same brand? until i can afford the hifonics for my subs, thanks alot cause i want to know before i buy anything right away.

Silver Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 360
No damage would be done.

Bronze Member
Username: Calaway

Austin, TX

Post Number: 79
Long as you give each amp power and get the ohms to the speakers right.. they could care less what other amps are in the car.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 54
so i would have to run another line to the hifonics i couldnt just run it off of the audiobahn? what if i had 2 hifonics one for my subs and one for my speakers then could i run them off of each other?

Silver Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 366
How do you mean "run off"? Use the same power wire? That depends on what gauge you are currently using. If it's thick enough, you can get a power distribution block to split it into multiple wires regardless of what amps you use.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 55
yea thats what i mean, but i have no idea what guage im using circuit city put it in for me and i don't know what wires they used i just payed for them
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us