Teach me!

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3758
ok guys, a few questions just wondering about, please somsone explain thiele paramaters to me, like all the abbreiviations, what tey mean, how they affect subs boxes everything, if its better to have higher or lower of that or what not, also i need someone to explain to me what is meant by, concreting the wall. like ive seen some comp vehicles cement the walls of the van, how is this accomplished? does it help

Bronze Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 89
I recomend two books. Radio shack "Building speaker systems". This is a beginner book with general information. After you read this 50-75 page book, and you want to get into more depth, then read Speaker building books by David B. Weems.

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 2257
yes i have the book "Radio shack "Building speaker systems" i bought it in like 1991 or so...its what got me started in car audio

Gold Member

Post Number: 2258
its a good book to start as mixneffect said

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3766
so i get it at radio shack??? or what?? lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 2264
or search for it online Building speaker systems by gordon mccomb...radioshack didnt show it when i looked it up just now

Silver Member
Username: Fastbastard1977

Lousiville, Ky Usa

Post Number: 156
i still want to you guys know about that concret

Gold Member

Post Number: 2265
here it is online.... http://masterpublishing.com/hobbyist.html

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3768
thank you sean, but see the reason i ask about the concrete is im thinking about getting this 900 doller van from a friend, and starting my own little spl car for school using all the subs, put about a grand or two into it to make it solid and run electrical stuff well and put everything i have in it with little switches so people can have like and audition studio before they buy stuff from me

Gold Member

Post Number: 2266
hmmm doesnt sound like a bad plan with the van idea especially if your handy with working on cars i have seen a guy do a mercury cougar a few years back (like a early 90's model i think maybe late 80's cant remember) in a magazine so the idea would work ...he even went and got heavy duty springs and stuff to account for the extra weight...this was in a trunk

Gold Member

Post Number: 2267
he concreted the trunk if i wasnt clear on that

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3771
yea i would put all new shocks and everything, during spring break when i went to II they showed me there project car and when they put it on the tow truck it lifted the front of the tow truck up, oh yea, and the car was like a little hyundai sized pinto
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us