Should be easy question for you guys about tweeter and crossover

Username: Helpmeplz

Post Number: 1
ive been thinkin of installing some tweeters in my car and i read a bunch of threads and seemed to just confuse myself. the real question is if i install tweeters, would i need to install crossovers and if so would i need an amp for that? im also on a budget. any help would be apreciated
thanks
and if you could pleas put it in laymans terms.
ps. incase it helps. ive got a blaupunkt mp3000 headunit and rockford amp with kenwood sub. and 6.5 pioneers in the back and 6.5 sonys in the doors.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 3692
All tweeters need crossover. If not, the low frequencies will damage them.
You don't need a separate amp for the tweeters. You can connect to the existing system.
Keep your eye on the resistance, cause it'll drop as you connect speakers in parallel.

Username: Helpmeplz

Post Number: 2
thanks for the help. i still have one question tho. the tweeters im getting are rated between 2,000Hz and 20,000Hz witha 4 ohms ipedance. i looked at some bass blockers and i found one that blocks frequencies of 0 to 2.8 khz at 4 ohms or should i go even higher. sorry for the stupid question but i just wana make sure i get it right. thanks

Silver Member
Username: Riebread77

Post Number: 339
The tweeters should come with a crossover themselves. A company wouldn't want to depend on the consumer to protect their speakers (and their rep) if you get what i mean...If its a halfway decent tweeter, it should come with its on crossover, so you should need to buy seperate bass blockers.

Silver Member
Username: Riebread77

Post Number: 340
own*

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8533
instead of just buying tweeters, why not get a decent set of component separates with midrange and matched tweeters that comes with their own crossover modules?

then you'd have matched speakers, included crossovers, and a good front stage. I never understood people buying "tweeters" for a car, unless they're buying the entire system one speaker at a time like Kicker's old C series components, to build all the crossovers by hand etc for a competition system.
the separates you can buy as a package now are so good from many companies tha they'll do the job for 98% of the buyers out there better than buying separate speakers and doing it yourself ever could.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 3698
GlassWolf, purchasing things in parts and building it yourself is half the fun. That's why I did it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us