Makeing a box from a tube for an 8" speaker

Bronze Member
Username: Bdb_86

Bemidji, MN Usa

Post Number: 35
ok this is what i have done so far i have cut the tube to fit the speaker and i have the speaker mounted in the tube and i have sealed it all off the sub sounds great better then the one in the walmart box (both were crunch 8" speakers) and well i took a tweeter that i well be using in the idea and put it in front of the sub and it didnt push it not sure about sound waves yet though. note this well all be tested before mounted

Now this is one of two of my questions: the tube is about 3/16" thick and it well be in my trunk is it necessary to have sound dampaning in side the tube like cotton fill glued to the wall

second question:
if i do need sound dampning i was thinking of just using rubber cement and glue some cotton fill on the walls inside the box OR my dad was talking about using car under coating witch is better?

and i just i found out that my crunch 8" speakers freq. response is 36hrz to 800hrz so i can run some mid to them so they can go in my idea and then i can put somthing better in the trunk as my true subs such as the jl audio 8W7's or i might go with just one 12W7

IF YOU NEED TO KNOW MORE GO LOOK AT THE THREAD 8" SUB OF MY DREAMS
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us