Kicker L5 or L7?

Bronze Member
Username: Sx3

Post Number: 86
I was looking at the 12" Kicker L5 and L7 and I was wondering whats the difference between the two? Also what is the difference between the black ones and the silver ones?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 87
Also what would be better 2 15" L5s or 2 12" L7s?

Username: Lowrollins10

Post Number: 7
There isnt alot of diffrence the L7 just has a little bigger motor assembly and could maybe take alittle more abuse. I have a L7 15" and its pretty loud.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 88
what amp are you using?

Username: Lowrollins10

Post Number: 8
Rockford Fosgate Power T10001BD

Silver Member
Username: Alpineuser

Winchester, TN

Post Number: 354
u wanna know the main difference?

after your 90 day warranty runs out and u tear the spider or rip the surround or any other problems the solo barics have u will have an expensive paper(L5) weight or a very expensive paperweight(L7)

get something else

Bronze Member

Post Number: 89
What else would be as loud but more durable?

any ideas
Unregistered guest
L5 15 running 1600 watts and they have no problem

higherSPLmoreSQ
Unregistered guest
well shane s... i think that ascendant audio makes some great subs...you might want to check out the avalanche 15" if your looking for something durable...but if your still stuck on getting a kicker L5 or L7... i would go with the L5...as they said earlier there isnt too much of a difference except for a little and i mean little SQ difference...but not anything noticable, unless your like a pro but they are both great..o yea, make sure to go with the 15" on the L5 if your looking for both a mixture of SPL and SQ...2 would be even better, but not by too much... with 2 L5's your lucky to get about a 3 or 4 Db rating higher than if you had just 1 15" L5...in theory if you had 2 subs with for example 25 Db you should get 50 right? wrong... youll only get about 28 or 29 maybe 30 or 31 depending on what you have... and thats about it... hopefully that made your decision easy

Bronze Member

Post Number: 92
Hey thanks. What kind of amp for arround $200 should I use for 1 15" L5?

madmax33333
Unregistered guest
good input splSQ guy... you are totally rite! i am going to get those and u are 100% rite

higherSPLmoreSQ
Unregistered guest
Try the Audiobahn a8002t, XMSD61X Sony, KACPS811D Kenwood are GREAT amps and should supply enough power to your sub... personally i would go with the kenwood or audiobahn, but if you dont like those then at least make sure you get about 4/5 of the recommended power to the sub... for instance 750W, get at LEAST 600... but you def. want more for it to sound decent... 800 should do you great! just a few examples of many that you could use, im sure more ppl will have others up too
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us