Range Rover Install...

Bronze Member
Username: Redrange

Mo Hill, California

Post Number: 55
K i went to a audio store and they said i would need to gut my speakers bcuz they run at diff ohms??? I dont understand why they cant just take out the old amp and put my new one in? They also said they would have to re-wire entire system bcuz its a foreign car???Please help It a 97' Range Rover

I have 2 12' atlas
PG 600.1
Alpine 9851

really want to get this installed but now they say i need new speakers? which guna kill me on sot and plus the whole rewire deal

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3115
is it the model with 6 speakers, 10 speakers, or 11 speakers?

Bronze Member

Mo Hill, California

Post Number: 56
its 97 4.6 hse it got 6 speakers 2 tweets and 2 like 4 inch subs

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3120
ok what do you mean that you are going to have to gut your speakers because they run at different ohms? I am not following you here what exactly do you mean?

Silver Member
Username: Alpineuser

Winchester, TN

Post Number: 345
go to a different shop sounds like they are trying to get u to spend more money

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3121
thats what I think also it sounds way to odd

Bronze Member

Mo Hill, California

Post Number: 57
He said bcuz range rover has a certain type of system the amp and speakers all run at diff ohms. It was really confusing anyway he said cost 750 lol

Silver Member
Username: Alpineuser

Winchester, TN

Post Number: 350
hes an idiot, is he talking about your factor amp running at different ohms than your sub amp? assuming u have 2 atlases all u would need is a 2 ohm stable amp and even boss can run at 2 ohms, does he know u dont hook up the gold terminals to the amp? that is just to control your qts. he11 i dunno im just reaching for answers to explain what he might be thinking lol

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3122
thats garbage because if that were the case you wouldnt be able to swap in new speakers if the factory amp was configured to run a certain amount of power at lower impedence's. Crutchfield says nothing about it and it gives plenty of speaker packages that are a direct fit with no modifications at all. I think they are yanking your chain bro and you should go to another shop. Was it a local shop or a chain shop such as best buy or circuit city?

Bronze Member

Mo Hill, California

Post Number: 58
it was like a chian hop they have 4 or so in a 60 mile radius more for cell phones than car audio but they have done some nice installs

Bronze Member

Mo Hill, California

Post Number: 59
Im def guna go to another shop he just trying to sell me on new speakers and stuff. BS. and 750 total for install and new speakers still doesnt add up. He kept saying sumitn about ohms.- and like nbose if u install anew hu the speakers will think its all vol 40 on deck jhe used that example like it wont read it or sumtin like dat

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3128
hes a moron!

Bronze Member

Mo Hill, California

Post Number: 60
the guy thought he knew it all. I could tell in his body language-he thought he was da shiz. But uyeah ima guna tkae elsewhere for another qutoe, i just hopeni dnt get the samebs

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3130
I dont think so man that guy pulled some stuff out of his A$$. dont even mention that when you go to another shop just ask them about a sub and amp and running a new HU there should be no problems at all.

Bronze Member

Mo Hill, California

Post Number: 61
Ok now that im not ina rush-had to cancell a date...The guy i went to said the wiring in range rovers are different than us cars. SO he said that if i wanted to put evrything in and keep the current speakers(which are fine) that they wouldnt work...He said i would have to get new speakers bcuz the current ones only recieve signal or ohms or wutever from the current amp and hu and if i were to install my new hu and amp the speakers would not respond to those signal or ohms or wutever lol??? i was so confused when he was tellin me this and im not a brain at car audio but this just seemed plain dumb...

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3132
I dont think it should be a problem man just go ask someone else.

Bronze Member

Mo Hill, California

Post Number: 62
Ya thanks a lot for ur help James. Appreciate it

Bronze Member
Username: Alastaka

Post Number: 18
you may have to bypass the factory amp like you do in some bose systems unless you buy tht stupid 100 dollar harness which im gonna have to do pretty soon

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3136
yeah thats what I was thining also but there is no way you would have to replace all the speakers! no prob man let me know what the next shop says I am curious to hear how it goes.

Bronze Member

Mo Hill, California

Post Number: 63
WILL DO

Bronze Member

Mo Hill, California

Post Number: 70
Hey james i went to another audio store more by around where i live. They are an all audio store and they priced my install at $150 lol I cant believe thoise guys were trying to get me on $750. After i get my install i should roll past their shop

Bronze Member

Mo Hill, California

Post Number: 72
lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us