Question about CDT clasics

Bronze Member
Username: Molaq

Waltham, MA USA

Post Number: 20
I am upgrading the system in my Explorer which has 6x8 front stock locations. I had decided on the CDT CL-51 component set and the MTX thunder 342 amp. I bought the amp several weeks ago because it was on sale at sound domain but have not yet purchased the CDTs.

In looking around some more, i decided i could probably get 6.5s in my doos without too much modification and was looking at getting the CL-61 set instead. The Zeb actually has the CL-61As for under $200 (CDT rejects because of a color issue). This seems like a great deal.

But now i am wondering if i should spend a little more and get the CL-62s instead ($320 at thezeb). I have heard they sound better than the 61s. If i do so i probably need to return my MTX342 and get the MTX 502 instead. Can anybody comment on the how much better the 62s will be over the 61s.

Silver Member
Username: Kklagge

Post Number: 152
I have the CL-62's (paid $200 for them on Ebay) and they sound awesome. I'm putting very close to 150rms to them so get whichever amp puts out closer to that power...the 62's have a bigger tweeter (1" instead of 3/4") & mine came with the 560 xover (which is also a step up from the 61's).

Bronze Member
Username: Molaq

Waltham, MA USA

Post Number: 21
So i just found the CL-62s with the 560 xover for $180 at audio-n-more.com. Has anybody ever bought from them before? Why so cheap? With the 560 xover, those speakers sell for $400 from both thezeb and woofersetc who generally seem to have pretty competative prices.

Silver Member

Post Number: 154
That's actually where I got mine from off of an Ebay auction...I had no problems with them

Bronze Member
Username: Masse1369

Post Number: 29
for cdt, i would buy from www.mainstreet-audio.com. they are one of cdt's authorized internet dealers and they have the best prices. let me know if you would be interested in the es-07 line of speakers because i know another authorized dealers giving a simply unbelievable deal on the 3 ways:-)

vsvas
Unregistered guest
The websites for audio-n-more and mainstreetaudio looks similar.

Silver Member

Post Number: 165
they are under the same parent company
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us