Factory Amp (amp bypass)

Username: Grimtonez

Post Number: 2
Hey all, I got a 1994 mitsubishi eclipse. Im replacing the stock headunit, and i was wondering if i needed an amp bypass harness, or if i could just wire the new headunit directly to the stock harness. I have all the color codes, and the wiring diagram for the car and new headunit. I had a friend tell me i need an amp bypass harness to bypass the factory amp.....do i need to or not? oh yeah the headunit is a Pioneer DEH1000. I found a headunit replacement article on installdr, and it didnt involve a amp bypass harness.... im a little confused....thanks for your help....
Dan

Post Number: 3
Neone? lol i have my car ripped apart at the moment, and before i put it back together i wanna know whats up.

Username: Telef

Post Number: 10
If the factory headunit has all the same wires as the Pioneer (4 speakers, power, antenna, etc. etc.) then I would think that you could just splice it directly. You could also try to find the amp and figure out how that is wired since you have the wiring diagram for the car. I have never dealt with factory amps, but I never use harnesses when I have the color codes.

Bronze Member
Username: Adelphia83

Colorado Springs, CO USA

Post Number: 40
On that vehicle you do NOT need an amp bypass harness.

Username: Johnnyboy73

Houston, Tx U.s.

Post Number: 9
the amp is underneath the passanger seat and if you have tweeters in the dash, if you dont innegrate the amp, you will lose them. you can innegrate it using a deawoo radio harness and some speaker wire if you have problems

Post Number: 4
yeah i figured out i didnt need one. Dude at the audio shop ran me around the bush, prolly cause i didnt want him to install it. Thanks all
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us