Best way to wire a pair of 2 ohm subs?

Unregistered guest
Hello, I have a pair of Boston Pro 12.5f subs that I have paired up with a RF 601s Amp. I don't know what the best way to wire them up would be.

Currently I have them running in stereo presenting a 2ohm load to the amp (300rms X 2 @ 2ohms). I have been playing with the idea of running them in series to present a 4 ohm load to them amp, which I could then bridge (600rms X 1 @ 4ohms).

Are there any advantages to running the system wired one way as opposed to the other?

Thanks ;0

Silver Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Post Number: 186
well 300x2 would be the same as 600x1 dont ya think so? stick with the 2 subs on seperate channels, its pointless to run them in series and bridge the amp

i dont see how running them in series and bridged would be an advantage, just a pain in the butt with wires going everywhere heh

stick with the 2 subs on the 2 channels

Bronze Member
Username: Tbone

Post Number: 52
Teah, no advantage.

Bronze Member
Username: The_master

Bellmawr, Nj Usa

Post Number: 14
bacon is correct all you are going to do is beat up on your amp--if you want to buy a new one in a few months then change it--you will not achieve much- you might pickup 1 db possibly-all amp rating are not true ratings-the caps and components have tolerances some side of 2 channell amps are not exactly the same output as people would think-just a point of info
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us