My AMP is SMOKING!!

Silver Member
Username: Marley289

Post Number: 168
well i have an mtx 311d, and ive had it for a while...but then today i was driving and it shut off on me. so i went and checked it out and the fuse blew. then i replaced the fuses and as soon as i put them in, the amp started smoking. i didnt fry that amp cuz it works fine in my freinds car...what could the problem be??

Silver Member
Username: G3nocd3

San Jose, Ca USA

Post Number: 181
Check for bad wiring etc. Something electrical between amp and battery. Also check the sub impendence. If your running to low an impendence like 1 ohm, then thats most likely why. Check the setup. If it still runs in his car but not yours it has to be the wiring somewhere.

Username: Johnnyboy73

Houston, Tx U.s.

Post Number: 6
check you power wire and see if its stripped somewhere and its touching ground. if it is then its a direct short and that would blow fuses and could possibly fry an amp

Username: Noxxzious

Post Number: 7
...check you power wire and see if its stripped somewhere and its touching ground. if it is then its a direct short and that would blow fuses and could possibly fry an amp...

Not to mention, turning your car into a giant rolling electric chair!!

Silver Member
Username: Disturbedpriest

Post Number: 108
yep thats what happened to my 1501d i had a bare spot on my power wire which is 2 gauge.. was like a f'ing arc welder.. scared me to death hehe plus that 150 amp fuse popped.. oh well. lucky i didnt fry anything.

Silver Member
Username: Marley289

Post Number: 172
nah i figured it out...my wire got pinched and stripped so basically i got lucky that the car didnt start on fire....but yea i replaced the power wire and now everything is good. thanks for the help.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us