Quick question about Ohms, Alpine Type R

Anonymous

Hi everybody,

I have been reading up on these forums for the last week or so. I am in the process of putting 2 10" type R subs in the back of my FX 35. I am however, still a bit confused regarding the Ohm and parallel wiring.

I am looking at the Alpine MRD605 to power the 2 10" type Rs, but was wondering which type of subwoofers (2ohm or 4ohm) I need to buy in order to have both the subs running off the single MRD 605 AMP.

I went into a shop yesterday and they told me the best way to go was to find a 1 CH 1 Ohm stable amp for my configuration, but the MRD 605 does not seem to be 1 Ohm stable. Can I still use the 605 to power 2 Type Rs w/o sacrificing wattage or SQ? I appreciate the help!

Anonymous

come on fellas, i know just about everyone here is qualified to answer this question. 2 ohm or 4 ohm? and how to set it up?

Silver Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 313
course u can .. the mrd 605 is 2 ohm stable amp and gives 600 watts at that load.. if you buy 2 , 2ohm dvc type rs u can wire them in parrallel for a 2 ohm load.. also if these are the new type r's why not get a mrd 1005 amp? it would power them better

Silver Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 314
also the type rs will come with a wiring guide which is pretty strait forward
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us