*A CD/MP3 playing problem*- clarion dxz835mp head unit

Username: Dirtjumpersb

Eagle River, WI United States

Post Number: 1
hey
when i put a cd into my headunit, it loads and shows on the display likes its playing( the little track and timer display goes and stuff), but there is absolutely not sound heard. i have no idea why this is. i took this headunit out of a previous vehicle and when i re-installed it, i had this problem. The radio works and sound is heard, so its not the wiring or the speakers. . . some help would be greatly appriciated. Thanks-steve

Gold Member
Username: Fishy

Tamarac Ft.Laud, FL USA

Post Number: 1287
Wow, if the display shows it is playing then you should be getting some output. Might be something major like a bad DAC or something. I'd give Clarion a call.

This is happening with regular non-MP3 encoded CD's as well, right? If not then check the manual:

http://www.teamclarion.com/sharedwebdbs/ClarionSupport.nsf/b519d112bdcca8b588256 a630071fab1/6fac797e6a09d8ef88256cc50062c6d5/$FILE/DXZ835MP.pdf

MP3's need to be recorded in a certain logical format in order to operate correctly, but if the display shows the cd playing I'd think the thing should be working regardless.

-Fishy

Silver Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 238
Are the speakers running off the internal amp?

Gold Member

Tamarac Ft.Laud, FL USA

Post Number: 1290
My initial thoughts as well, but if the radio works.........

-Fishy

Silver Member

Post Number: 240
If he is using all external amps...he might have accidentally switched the amp remote turn on wire with the antenna turn on wire coming from the headunit...

Gold Member

Tamarac Ft.Laud, FL USA

Post Number: 1294
Yeah, but why does the radio still work?

weird

-Fishy

Silver Member

Post Number: 241
In theory, the amps would only be receiving a signal as if they were a power antenna-the headunit sends out a signal to turn them on during FM/AM reception and turns them off during any other function.

Gold Member

Tamarac Ft.Laud, FL USA

Post Number: 1297
Ahhhhhh....... thats probably it.

My first Alpine tape deck had no remote wire and you had to use the power antenna lead. I guess that doesn't always work with today's stuff. He ought to check the amp's power LED with radio and cd modes and see if the amp is shutting off.

-Fishy

Post Number: 2
thanks guys, im gunna go check it out tonight. so let me get this staight, i have to check and make sure the amp wire is hooked up corectly? that just means making sure the wires are hooked up properly right? i have an amp i could put in if you think that is the problem. once again, thanks for the help -steve

Post Number: 3
now that i re-read it, i think you're under the impression that i am using an external amp, but im using an interal at the moment. so whats your suggestions for that? or am i misunderstanding?
i was running an external amp with cdt components but one speaker stopped working all together. i checked the wiring and that wasnt the problem? i have bad luck with this stuff. so do you guys have any suggestions there?
well thanks alot for all your help so for -steve

Gold Member

Tamarac Ft.Laud, FL USA

Post Number: 1306
If the display says the cd is playing and you're using the head unit's amp only then there's something wrong with the h/u(bad DAC?).

Call Clarion

-Fishy
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us