Advice Please

Username: Barnes

Oregon

Post Number: 1
Ok, this is my second system, first one got stolen. This one is going in a:

1993 Toyota PU Standard Cab.

Basically right now I'm trying to decide if I should keep the current subwoofers, or if I should upgrade. My style is clear crisp and tight, I don't need pure power/boom.

Head Unit:
Kenwood Excelon KDC-589

Component Speakers:
Kenwood Excelon KFC-XR51p
(includes tweeters)

Speaker Enclosures:
Q-Form/Q-Logic Kick Panels
Amp for Speakers:
Kicker 120.2 -(considering upgrade)

Subwoofer:
2x Kicker 05CVR8-2
Amp for Subs:
Kicker? - not sure...suggestions?

Well do you guys think this is over kill for a 4x4 truck? hah...what do you think?

Suggestions?

Will the 8's sound fine or should I try to get a hold of 2 10's and throw them in instead?

Or is there another brand that has better subs for trucks? Again, I don't want loud thumping bass, I want clear and crisp.

Also need a suggestion for the AMP to power my subs.

I've already drained about 750$, thats w/o purchasing the subs/enclosure/sub amp.

I don't really want to spend a whole lot more. I'm lookin at a max of 1k on this.
Thanks.

Silver Member
Username: 54danny54

Post Number: 267
thats a good system but cnahge the CVR's 2 like 1 12 inch atlas from ascendant audio and u will have a clean, and REALLY LOUD system

Oregon

Post Number: 2
I don't have room for a 12 woofer.

Does atlas have a decent 8 or 10 ? thats about all I can fit.

werd
Unregistered guest
look into image dynamics if you want clear crisp sounds. One of their models comes in an 8. And you can get the IDQ in 10. Or even 1 10 IDMAX would be awesome.

Oregon

Post Number: 3
ok thanks I'll take a look at the Image Dynamics IDQ's.

One more Q:

Since I like clean, tight sounding bass, not the real loud thumping bass, which style of custom box should I have made?

Obviously not bandpass...and I've heard different things about ported and sealed...

suggestions?

PS: this box has to fit behind a bench in a single cab of a toyota - i'll have it custom made if need be.

Silver Member
Username: Araknid

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 528
I would go with sealed on that because they generally have better SQ and require less internal volume. Just make sure you use the recommended box size for the sub.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us