Snail shell enclosure

Username: Dchow

Post Number: 2
I have an 12" mtx 9500 sub in a sledgehammer ported box. Is a snail shell box the same thing if not, how is it different? and does anyone know if it will make my sub hit harder then it already does (150db)? If it will make it hit harder where can I get one?

Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Addicted2bass

Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 685
yeh it'll hit a little better from what i heard. And also they say the sq from the SS is wayyyyy better than the sq of the SH. BUt sq is totally subjective. the website you can get them from is www.powered4sound.com

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3045
well first of all that sledgehammer box is awfull! If you went to a SS you would be absolutely amazed at the difference in quality from the sledge hammer box.

Post Number: 3
I dont know! My sledge hammer box sounds pretty good to me! and it makes 148db tuned for sq not spl, so I'm pretty happy with it!I just wanted to know if my spl would increase significantly with that box?

Bronze Member
Username: _andrew_

Post Number: 37
148db? How much more do you need?
SS not worth the 300$ pricetag if you're hitting those numbers already, IMO.

Post Number: 4
I was thinking about competing! and that 148db was on the old mic's, With my single "12 and amp running 568 watts I'm not sure if the competion would blow me away or if 148db(I could get it to 150db) is good enough to be competative?

scurb
Unregistered guest
SS is not made for SPL..if i was competing id go with a big ported box

Post Number: 5
I have the ported sledge hammer(102lbs) already I just wanted to know if 148-150db's is lound enough to compete in spl in my class? (single 12" or 568 watts rms) what do you all think?

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1445
not really a bigger box just a better designed vented enclosure will yield beter numbers

Post Number: 6
where would i get one without spending crazy $$! Could i make it myself? does anyone have blue prints on something that would work well?

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1450
ya you can make it your self, people are greedy with blueprints, ask sean he might help you hes very itelligent. they are not hard you just have to learn the math, for real basics www.bcae1.com will help

Post Number: 7
I dont know who sean is! and how can i get in contact with him?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us