What two 10's would be louder that my L7 12????

Anonymous

i have an L712 now but its just not enough!!!

its in a box sitting on my seat(1.1 cuft sealed)....yea it looks stupid but is gives me some bass.

i saw a box that would fit under the back seat of my 98' ext cab siverado that will hold 2 10's and have .74 cu ft per sub....i was wondering what 2 10" subs would out do the L7 12??? and just how much would they out do it???how many dB more would i get???

would two 10" L7s sound good in this box, or maybe two JL W3s???

Silver Member
Username: Tbone

OK United States

Post Number: 123
Look on the adire audio site, I think the baby brahma 10's are what you are looking for.

Anonymous

Baby Brahma's are ...well...a little out of my price range...

i wanna either put my L712 in a vented box or get 2 10's that will out do it...(2 10's vs the L7 in a vented box)

would 2 L5's, 2 JL w3v2's, or somethind do it???Or what would....or should i just go w/ the L712 in the vented box(1.75cuft+vent)

Username: Dan3

Post Number: 8
hey i got two 10" l7"s in my jeep. www.cardomain.com/id/danstan2 if yah wanna look, i dun know if it would be louder cause i dun know how loud urs is, maybe your amp is too weak but all i know is that when i hook up 450 watts rms to 600 watt rms subs, this things shake the jeep to hell!

Silver Member

OK United States

Post Number: 128
I would check with a steroe shop in your area to see if the person, or company, that they get their prefab boxes from could build you a box along the designs of the box that holds 2 10's and make you a box with the same dimensions, but with the L7 sub mounted on one side, with vents, or slot ported, on the other end. That way, all the air space will be used for the L7, and it should pound, and sound good.

Anonymous

what kind of SPL would i be looking at w/ the L7 in a vented box with about 600-700watts rms on it???

i'm guessing it would be tuned around 34hz.....

Silver Member

OK United States

Post Number: 130
All you need, unless your planning on filing workers comp for hearing loss.

Anonymous

....wouldnt be able to get worker comp...lol...

i work on a turtle farm....(only in the south can something like that exist....)

i'm going for an L5 or L7 in a vented box...thanks

bout how many dB's more would i get with the 1.75 cuft vented box than i get now with my sealed one???

loud and low
Unregistered guest
with equal power and the same sub you should have a 3db increase going from ported to sealed. 10 db is a audible doubling in volume
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us