Rate my Subs!

Silver Member
Username: Tdbdrummer

Post Number: 287
Ok, has anyone actually run the Volfenhag ZX-4712 Subs? I have them and enjoy them alot! But I need someone to give them a rating as compared to a higher end company. I know they are better than Sony/Pyramid/Boss/MTX/Some Audiobahn, but am wondering how they compare to like Kicker, Memphis, JL, or even JBL. I realize they probably don't compare, but I just need to know! Thanks for the help!

Silver Member
Username: Sevin7

Post Number: 152
you cant just compare your sub to another brand of subs, you have to be specific of which sub in that brand you are comparing it to. But you can be sure no matter what sony sub you compare it to, yours is better, Ive heard 6x9's that hit harder than sonys best sub.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3149
arnt you the dude that ripped everyone off on those subs?

Silver Member
Username: Rds11

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 260
Volfenhag is generally rated at the bottom of the list, but you like them and they do what you want, who cares. Unless yyour tryin to beat someone or impress others then I don't think it matters what kind of system you have as long as you like it

Silver Member

Post Number: 288
Why are they rated at the bottom of the list? Is it just their lack of popularity? Or are they really that terrible of a sub?

Silver Member

Post Number: 289
I didn't rip anyone off btw! I don't sell things!

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3153
alright man I must have you mixed up with someone else but I swear I thought it was you. You didnt try to sell like 10 REXXX subs and a few brahma's and screw a few people. if not I am sorry its just the names were very similar.

Silver Member
Username: Rds11

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 262
Personally, I can't tell you if they are terrible subs b/c I have never heard them before. It could be a lack of popularity, but It probably is performance. I'll check em out sometime soon

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2622
Hey, yeah, James, that guys email address was tbaudio2go@hotmail.com. I don't remember what he used as his name on ecoustics though.

Silver Member

Post Number: 290
I see, the place that I had my subs installed at (They offer only Kicker, Memphis, and Clarion brands for subs and amps.) told me that Volfenhag actually wasn't a bad name, and that it is just not one that is heard of very often. This is one of those "family" owned install places. They have won several competitions. One I saw pics of with their van that had 18 Kicker subs as well as 9 Kicker amps! So, I think I'll take their word for it that it isn't a TERRIBLE brand, but rather underated and not as popular. Also, I read on a forum from an official dealer of Volfenhag subs/amps as well as others, where this person had bench tested the subs and although they are rated at 500RMS/1000MAX they were found to be more like 450RMS/950MAX. So, I am gonna at least believe that the company really has not lied about their products, and mearly rounded up some numbers. I can live with that. I would have gotten the 15" subs had I had the room. The next subs I will buy most likely will be either Vega's or Kickers, however. Also, I don't even know what REXXX's are. I've never sold anything on here, or Ebay for that matter, only buy!

Silver Member

Post Number: 291
Oh yea, I've seen where Volfenhag is at the "bottom" of the list for subs on sites too, but they have always been sites listing in alphabetical order! ;)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us