Eclipse aluminum?

Bronze Member
Username: Djet

Melbourne, Florida US of A

Post Number: 13
heyas everyone..

i have a question about the eclipse aluminum 12s.

I know they are mainly a SQ sub, but can they get loud? At first i was gonna go with 2 TI 12s but i dont have the green to buy a new HO alt.

What would be the better choice? 2 eclipse 12 aluminum or 2 JL 12v2, both in a sealed box. Amp would probably be 2 JL 500/1

any input would be much appreciated.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
thats the JL 12w6v2, sry

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2546
Everybody in here's gonna say go with the W6v2's because everybody loves them. I would personally take the Eclipse Aluminum's over the W6v2's. Yes I've heard Jl, yes, I've even owned an Eclipse Alum. JL is great, but it's not ungodly awsome like most people think. Overpriced, overrated. I can't really say which will be better, it's personal preferenc. If you wanna spend twice as much, get the JL's.

Bronze Member
Username: Mikechec9

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 38
yes they can get loud w/proper install. i have witnessed two hitting low 140's. yes the jls are overpriced, but they are great subs nonetheless. i would not trade the w6 for eclipse unless they were ti's.

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2548
Have you heard Eclipse Alum's as well as w6's?

Silver Member
Username: Dankman

Granger, Indiana United States

Post Number: 160
I have heard Both of emm, My eclipse aluminum 12's ported hooked up to a Hifonics Brutus Bx1500D was louder than my buddys two W6v2's ported hooked up to a JL 1000/1. I had mine in a Volvo haha, dude with the JL's had his in a Caddy. But yea i thought the eclipses had equal SQ as the Jl's but were louder.

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Post Number: 1284
IT also depends on the amp your using with either setup and car.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
its gonna be 2 JL 500/1, 1 amp to each sub. the rms on both is like 400-450 so itll be a little overpowered. its goin in my 99 jeep grand cherokee limited.

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Post Number: 1288
Get the JL 12w6v2's and call it a day. Might aswell get a matching sub. That will sound nice if you want SQ.

Bronze Member
Username: Mikechec9

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 42
not overpowered at all. jl is extremely liberal w/their rms ratings. that's why they use the color scale. that's actually perfect power.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
well they will be SQL subs, i mean in a jeep youll hear the bass from a ways away. so ill go with the JLs. My friends uncle is an authorized JL dealer so he can get me a discount on everything.

Bronze Member
Username: Matt12490

Post Number: 28
your lucky
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us