Really need some advice

Bronze Member
Username: Balls573

Winona, Missouri U.S

Post Number: 77
i hooked up a cd player for a friend and she wanted me to hard wire it. i found every wire but the power wire, so i had to hook the cd players power and constant up to her cars constant which is fine except that the cd player doesnt turn off when the car is off. i looked behind the fuse panel but couldnt really see how i could run a wire from it because there is steel tuning under her dash and i couldnt get the steering column apart to splice a power wire into the igniton switch. where can i run a wire from and how, this is in a 2002 cavalier?

Silver Member
Username: Araknid

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 493
um NO, go undo it and leave it out untill you can hook it up the right way. You leave it like that and the battery could go completly dead over night
and guess who has to wake up early to go give her car a boost in the morning when she's late for work.

Bronze Member

Winona, Missouri U.S

Post Number: 78
thats why i need some advice on where to run a wire from and as long as she turns off the cd player her battery will be fine.

Silver Member
Username: Pharoh

Bradford, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 224
If it is hard to get to the ignition. Go to the fuse box and tap into somthing that is switched on by ignition. Do some crimping and saldering and try that. I tapped into the windsheild wipers. This was on an 03 Cav of my buddies.

Silver Member

Bradford, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 225
And if you do not want to do that, take the 50$ and get it installed prefessionally. If not that either than MAKE SURE YOU TURN OFF THE CD PLAYER AFTER YOU LEAVE. I had an amp, deck n some high demanding highs running for a LONG TIME with my van battery. So if you by accident leave it on, and there is no amp, you should be able to run it for a LONG time before it dies.

Bronze Member

Winona, Missouri U.S

Post Number: 79
how do i tap into the fuse though. my dad said to just wrap the wire around one prng of the fuse which would be fine but i couldnt hide the wire with her fuse panel being where it is.

Silver Member

Bradford, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 228
You couldent hide the wire? paint it, haha :P. My buddies fuse panels right by the passenger right foot side and hes having the same trouble installing his gauge pods n hiding the wires. You have to make due with what you could best. you will only see a bit of the wire anyhow, and run the wire throughout the front dash to the Head unit and it should be fine. Dont forget saldering, its importand when installing yoursef you do it right. I saldered the wire right tothe fuse, as if sumthing happened both are easily replacible.

Bronze Member

Winona, Missouri U.S

Post Number: 80
ok now this might sound stupid but i am thinking about just installing systems for people using my driveway and tools that i have but how much should i charge to hook up a cd player, amp, subs, all the wiring etc.?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us