For people who know what they are talking about...

werd
Unregistered guest
I know you get sick of all of the comparing sub questions but I have one-
1.) 12 IDMAX
2.) 12W6v2
3.) Alpine Type X

How would you rate and compare these 3? And how does the spl compare to a x.x.x.

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 1806
As far as sq... I would rate them 2
and the x.x.x will beat them in spl... type x will prob be pretty close to the JL in spl... all are great subs.

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Post Number: 1273
I own the 12w6v2 and it has amazing sq and good spl blend.

I whould go with the 12w6v2 or the ID MAX 12.

The 12w6v2 is 400rms and the ID MAX 12 is 1000 rms sub but will sound good with even 500 watts rms to it. Both sound great ported from what i understand. The XXX will have more spl and ok SQ compared to these.

Silver Member
Username: Erik123456

Post Number: 562
alpine type X is clearly the worst of the 3

The ID Max is a great effecient sub just ask johnathan what they can do in a ported enclosure

the 12w6v2 ID MAX and Eclipse Ti are all neck and neck but the ID MAX is generally the cheapest

Silver Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 385
wouldnt the IDmax be quite a bit louder than the 12w6v2 if both were given nominal power?

Silver Member

Post Number: 565
I would say no, the 12w6v2 is 400 rms as was aforementioned and i believe the IDMax is 750+ although it can function on a bit less

Silver Member

Post Number: 566
Plus if you are going to spend the 300 ish on a sub of that caliber why would you want to push it with something less than ideal

Gold Member

Post Number: 1276
yeah the idmax will have more output if hooked up with a 600 watt amp or more. I whould do ported for the ID MAX 12.

Silver Member
Username: Araknid

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 481
how is the type X the worst of the subs are talking about SQ, SPL, build quality, or what? and by how much?

Silver Member

Post Number: 568
I would say it is the bottom in SQ, SPL and build quality as im fairly certain they had some problems with a batch of them

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3570
i just dont like them

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2528
ID MAx would probably have a better spl over the w6v2. Since they're all 12's, the ID MAx would have a big advantage with a larger cone area. They use a thinner, taller surround, that increases the usable cone area. An ID MAX 12" actually has 25% more cone area than a 12" Brahma. This more surface area is gonna give it quite an advantage over the w6v2, as well as the fact that the ID MAX is 1000 rms.

Silver Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 386
some1 wanna give me money so i can test out all these subs and let you know how they sound? lol
i want to try 2 12 IDMAX , 2 15 Ti, 2 15 Avalanche, and also the 4 13w6v2s so bad to see what i like best... i can only afford 1 15 ava and im saving for wire upgrades and an amp (jl 1000/1) someday i;ll have 2 of them with 2 subs... yay ...lol

werd
Unregistered guest
alrite thanks. I knew the type x was probably the worst but wanted to hear some opinions on it. This is for my next system which wont be for awhile but i want to already plan it out. I think I will go with 1 12 IDMAX and if I can get enough money a 1000/1 and then some CDT Components with a 300/2. Well one other thing- how would the IDMAX compare to a Ti. I was thinking the Ti would have a little more spl while the id would have the edge in sq.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1279
The TI is more of a SPL sub with SQ capabilities and the ID MAX is a SQL sub which is perfect for everyday driver..

Silver Member

Post Number: 571
yea I agree with Mo, the Ti can be used for everyday as well but an IDMAX should be perfect for what you need and you can prob scoop one up for 250-275 if you hunt around a bit and it sound like your not in a hurry to buy so you should be able to find a great deal

Silver Member
Username: Araknid

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 494
So Alpine had one bad batch, Im sure its happened before at least once wit other quality companies.
As for SQ and and SPL I bet there would be hardly any difference IF the other WERE any better.

Silver Member

Post Number: 574
I would take that bet in a second

Silver Member
Username: Skyliner17

Saint Paul, MN United States

Post Number: 126
hey Erik, have u actually heard the alpine type X. I have a 12" type X and a jl 12w6v2. the alpine is pretty good for the money, that is ebay money...it costs a lot less than the w6v2 and has more spl and sounds alot deeper and lower. although the w6v2 does have better sq. but not that much better.

Silver Member

Post Number: 577
I have heard the type X, and it is inferior to IDMAX in pretty much every way...especially when considering that the one you buy off ebay could be one from the "bad batch"

Silver Member

Post Number: 578
Im not saying the Type X sucks and I love the old type R's for the price I would just rather have a the ID

Silver Member
Username: Skyliner17

Saint Paul, MN United States

Post Number: 128
i haven't heard the idmax yet tho i'm planning on getting one pretty soon so i couldn't compare that to the type X.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us