Drill Hole In Box

Bronze Member
Username: Gravy30

Canada, Alberta

Post Number: 26
i screwed my amp onto the back of my box, but i have to rotate my box so where the amp is, is laying flat on the ground. should i fill these holes in with silicone or will it be fine to just leave them? thnx

Bronze Member
Username: Gravy30

Canada, Alberta

Post Number: 27
it is a ported box, and also, should i face the ports away from the seat, or toward the seat? it is in an extended cab ranger. thnx

Gold Member
Username: Fishy

Tamarac Ft.Laud, FL USA

Post Number: 1285
Silicone will work and I'd fire the ports straight up if they're located within a port diameter of the rear seats. Although you can get a 3dB increase in output when reflecting low frequencies off a surface I don't think port location really matters that much.

I have my port firing sideways(passenger side).

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/6/web/846000-846999/846007_25_full.j pg

Can't see it, but theres a 4x5" rectangular port there.

:-)

-Fishy

Gold Member
Username: Fishy

Tamarac Ft.Laud, FL USA

Post Number: 1286
Sry, I just realized you probably already had the ports firing up. Between firing them towards the rear or front really depends on how much room you have. I'd think towards the seats would be best, but if you have some room in the back try it both ways. I've seen some downfiring ported enclosures which had very little port clearance. A full port diameter of space might not be necessary. Rear porting may actually make the box sound better by increasing output as well as the effective airmass vibrating in the port thereby tuning your box a bit lower.

-Fishy
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us