Attn Experts! Please help choose right sub. I blew 2 already.

Username: Phuktupbasshead

Scottsdale, Arizona United State...

Post Number: 2
I recently bought a 900w class D mono amp (Digital Audio DAD9004). It's 1ohm stable, so I've got my heart set on wiring my subs that way. I had a 10" Power Acoustik FUBR in a sealed enclosure (2ohm dvc running @ 1ohm) - and I fried it! So, I borrowed my brother's until I could find a replacement (identical speaker), turned the input level down on my amp (to be sure not to blow this one too) - and the wiring rips out from between the speaker terminal and the side wall of the speaker. I mean come on!!! I guess from the sub moving so much... I don't know.
So can anyone with knowledgeable advise please help me decide on a final purchase for my amp. I would really appreciate all the help I could get. It seems like the people on this forum have intelligent opions and are surprisingly helpful. So I'd appreciate all professional opinions. I'm pretty much limited to a 10" sub, but I could deal with a 12" if need be. I think my Power Acoustik didn't have the frequency range I'm looking for either. Any thoughts? Thanks, everyone.

Silver Member
Username: Addicted2bass

Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 673
How much are you looking to spend on the sub?

Post Number: 4
Hey, basslova. Thanks for helping out... I would like to keep it within the $150.00 range, but realistically speaking - I get the impression I will have to spend more. So, only if I absolutely have to, I guess I could spend as much as $250, $275 at the very most. (and this would have to be one exceptionally awesome speaker). Keeping it from $100 to $200-$225 would be more comfortable for me.

I hope I didn't disappoint you, please try your best. Thanks again.

Sean

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2968
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=18803%26item%3D5774782802 %26%26

cant get much better then that:-)

Post Number: 6
Thanks, James. But, I've never heard of Image Dynamics before. Is it pretty nice, or... I appreciate your help. If it's a good sub let me know. I'm not doubting you - just kinda wondered, you know? thanks again

Silver Member
Username: Alpineuser

Winchester, TN

Post Number: 333
it is a very nice sub. it may look like a turd but u will be very happy with it

Bronze Member
Username: Daddy_phat_sack

Post Number: 46
yea i had 1 of those and its an awesoem sub.... verry good for the price too

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3000
yes Sean it is a very very good sub, you wont find much better if you can even find any better as far as SQ goes.

Post Number: 8
Well, thanks you guys. I appreciate the advise. I checked it out a little, and it seems to be a pretty nice one. I was wondering though: why don't they list a max output too. ( not that it matters - just different ) No mention of how many oz. the magnet weighs either. Tell you the truth, I couldn't find the frequency range in plain english either. Maybe someone has understandable specifics for this sub. If so, let me know... Honestly, though - it sounds to good to be true. Is it right up there with the big boys in subs or ??? Again, I'm really glad I have you guys to help me. Any other suggestions are welocome as well, of course. Thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 430
www.imagedynamicsusa.com I believe.
There's almost no sub on the market that can touch its sound quality. If you want more SPL, then you may go with another sub, but when it comes to SQ, look no further.

Silver Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 431
What are you referring to when you say "max output". That's a very broad term. The T/S specs are on their website. Click "Products". Move your mouse over the subs tab, click IDMAX. on the bottom where it shows the models, click on "View" under where it says "Tech Page". Everything you should need to know about it. Also has enclosure specs to boot.

Post Number: 9
Thanks for all your advise, everyone. I really appreciate it alot! You've almost got me convinced... now, all I'm thinking is how much spl am I looking for. I've gotta do some more researching to find out how other sub's spl levels compare to the Image Dynamics - but all the help and input you guys may have is more than just appreciated! I value your expertise, and seriously, "thanks again!!!"

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
Anybody else have a good recommendation for a DAD9004 900w 1ohm mono amp? Something exceptional in spl to contrast the Image Dynamics, maybe?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
Anybody else have a good recommendation for a DAD9004 900w 1ohm mono amp? Something exceptional in spl to contrast the Image Dynamics, maybe?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us