Atlases

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3469
ok im building a ported box for 2 12 inch atlases, im going to do different chambers for each sub and what does everyone think, how many cubic feet for each sub and tune it to what???? whats your opinion?? thanks guys

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 1957
22.25 deep x 30 wide x 14 high = 5.10 cf internal after displacements with 3.25 pounds of fiberfill per chamber ported to 32 hz with two 4 inch ports 16.5 inches long

with .75 mdf that would be 23.75 deep x 31.5 wide x 15.5 high that would be a nice low hitting sq box....let me know what you think when its done

Bronze Member
Username: Redrange

Mo Hill, California

Post Number: 48
When u sya low hitting is dat da same as hard? Will you still be able to listen to the music and not just hear the boom

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3492
ok sean, thanks, but how can i change the ports to 31 hrtz

Bronze Member

Mo Hill, California

Post Number: 52
Hey sub 32 hrtz should be just fine it shouldnt make that much of a differnce rite?

Bronze Member

Mo Hill, California

Post Number: 53
or would it be better at 31hrtz?

Anonymous

What kind of box would this be??? Sq box or SPL box???

Bronze Member
Username: Matt12490

Post Number: 21
does anyone know the RMS wattage on the Atlas 15?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1997
subfanatic just do the 32 hz there wont bee much difference between 31 and 32 hz in that box.......oh and to the ones who asked is it an sq box yes it is but id expect the spl to be decent as well

Gold Member

Post Number: 1998
dont forget the fiberfill or your box will not be tuned right (3.25 pounds per chamber)

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3514
can u show me how to do it without fiberfill

Gold Member

Post Number: 2004
30.5 wide x 14 high x 28.25 deep 6.98 cubic feet before displacements put the .75 divider in drop the subs in and two 4 inch ports each chamber 16.5 deep so your external measurements would be 32 wide x 15.5 high x 29.75 deep but i doubt you have this much room disreguard the previous posts if you want to do the other box and do it 23 deep x 30 wide x 14 high internal so external would be 24.5 deep x 31.5 wide x 15.5 high and put the 3.25 pounds of fill in per chamber and it will boost it to the 6.5 cubic feet you need (i just saw i made a mistake up top on the other post that was suppossed to be two 4 inch ports per chamber 16.5 inches deep coming out to 32.7 hz and I was off on the depth because i realized i didnt account enough for all the displacements in the earlier post)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us