Simple Question... just don't know it lol

Greg Sincer
Unregistered guest
HOw loud will 1 15" atlas get? im not looking for a system to shake my entire car just a lil bump in the trunk so i was just wonderin about how many Decibals 1 15" will hit and how loud it'll be ran at 300w rms

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2915
it will satisfy your needs:-)

Greg Sincer
Unregistered guest
haha good, but do you think people will be able to hear me coming with just 1? NOT FROM LIKE A BLOCK AWAY but just to know that i've arrived at their house or somthin?

Greg Sincer
Unregistered guest
OH also do you have any amp suggestions that will push that sub good? i was thinking the audiobahn a4002t (1x400wrms at 4ohm) but the amp only has a 40 amp fuse so i was thinking like a true 340wrms good or look for another amp(it has to be around 130$)

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Post Number: 1226
Hey Greg , i suggest you go ported with that Atlas. YOu will be heard in neibhorhoods and it will get close to 140 decibals or over. Chad from Ascendant Audio has a Atlas Ported and you can call him for more details.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1227
Just make sure the installation and amp are right.

Greg Sincer
Unregistered guest
so ported? i thought they recommended sealed.. i'll call about it but on the amp- the audiobahn going to run it well??.. i've also heard the older PPI300.2 art series but it doesn't sound like enough watts to run it(does anyone know what the wattage is bridged at 4ohms?) those were just a few suggestions people gave me

Gold Member

Post Number: 1228
Yeah its bridged at 4 ohm stereo and you get 300 watts rms. Remember thats tested at 12 volts so you will get more with a good electrical system. Perfect for the atlas. Also the jl 250/1 is a nice choice.

Greg Sincer
Unregistered guest
so you mean if i just get a cheap amp kit thats what it'll push.. put if i got a more expensive amp kit it would push it even more?

how about this box-http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=50568%26item%3D5774378628 %26

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2396
No Greg, a better amp kit won't really do much for you system. What MO meens when he says 12 volts, is that with your car off, the battery supplies all the power to your amp, at 12 volts, no more, no less. When your car is running, the alternator is supplying the power, and the higher the rpm's, the higher the voltage being produced. When your driving down the road your can can be producing any where from 12 - 14 volts. The PPI amp was rated at 12 volts, which meens meens that's the minimum you'll get out of it. It has an unregulated power supply, so when you increase the voltage, you can get more outta the amp.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2932
nope the PPI(art series) have regulated power supplies not unregulated, they are 600 watts at 11 volts and 600 watts at 14 volts. These amps need good chargin systems because unlike unregulated that will pull more power when your st=ystem is fully charged at 14 volts and less when it is being worked down to 12 volts the PPI rt series amps get there power ratrings reguardless of what your electrical system doing whether it be fully charged or severly drained.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2933
the 600 watt specs are for the a600 sorry I diodnt specify what model # amp but they are all regulated power supplies.

Greg Sincer
Unregistered guest
so is 1 15" atlas going to get some heads turn when i drive by?? and will it be louder then some of my friends crappy systems(duals/legacy/OLD OLD Rockford Fosgate/ OLD JL audio 10's) my other friends are gonna blow me away but thats because there rents bought their systems for them(about 1500 on 2 RF P3's and a 700$headunit all from crappy buy)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us